Real Rivian Photos & Videos

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Not to brag or anything but she's a great kid ..errr.... young lady... ok... I'll go ahead and brag..... lol. she's a freshman at The University of Texas and actually asked me to go out to lunch with her today after she found out I took the day off to go in search of the Rivian. Her dorm room is only 5-6 blocks from the Capitol. Gotta say it feels pretty good when my kids want to hang out with me even for a few hours when she could've just stayed "busy" with her college friends. Of course it could be that she just didn't want to eat cafeteria food today..... :oops: And yes she is very much helping convince momma that dad needs the R1S.
Same boat. They seem to be much more interested in parent time once they go off to college vs. high school. But yeah, it could be all about a free meal.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Not to brag or anything but she's a great kid ..errr.... young lady... ok... I'll go ahead and brag..... lol. she's a freshman at The University of Texas and actually asked me to go out to lunch with her today after she found out I took the day off to go in search of the Rivian. Her dorm room is only 5-6 blocks from the Capitol. Gotta say it feels pretty good when my kids want to hang out with me even for a few hours when she could've just stayed "busy" with her college friends. Of course it could be that she just didn't want to eat cafeteria food today..... :oops: And yes she is very much helping convince momma that dad needs the R1S.
Same boat. They seem to be much more interested in parent time once they go off to college vs. high school. But yeah, it could be all about a free meal.
Semi-recently out of college and my friends definitely appreciated when parents visited. A mixture of seeing them, getting some free food, etc. Not living with parents is a big bonis to actually wanting to hang out with them. My spouse and I can last about 4 days at the in-laws before being ready to get some space. Lol.

TL;DR yes, your kids (usually) like you. ?

Last edited:

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
They'll get it sorted. Harder to tell with the wrap but even zoomed in I think the charge door alignment is looking pretty good on this R1S.

Yes, this does look better. I can live with that.

Scooter8511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Fusion, '16 Colorado, '98 S10 ZR2 pickup
Long time lurker; always been one to enjoy being in the background. Mid-October, 2019 Rivian had an event in Normal, about 45 minutes away from me. I went and there was no mention of limits on media, so I took a few random pictures for myself, but finally realized plenty of people here at least wouldn't hate seeing them. Again, my intent was just recollection, so there wasn't much specific care to them.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos IMG_20191013_144042
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos IMG_20191013_143148
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos IMG_20191013_143126
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos IMG_20191013_143112
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos MVIMG_20191013_143025
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos MVIMG_20191013_142950
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos IMG_20191013_142544
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos MVIMG_20191013_142108
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos IMG_20191013_142027
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos IMG_20191013_142021

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Long time lurker; always been one to enjoy being in the background. Mid-October, 2019 Rivian had an event in Normal, about 45 minutes away from me. I went and there was no mention of limits on media, so I took a few random pictures for myself, but finally realized plenty of people here at least wouldn't hate seeing them. Again, my intent was just recollection, so there wasn't much specific care to them.

IMG_20191013_144042.jpg
IMG_20191013_143148.jpg
IMG_20191013_143126.jpg
IMG_20191013_143112.jpg
MVIMG_20191013_143025.jpg
MVIMG_20191013_142950.jpg
IMG_20191013_142544.jpg
MVIMG_20191013_142108.jpg
IMG_20191013_142027.jpg
IMG_20191013_142021.jpg
Thanks for sharing!

So you saw black mountain and forest edge interior. Quality issues aside, which do you think looks better in the daylight?

Sponsored

Scooter8511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Fusion, '16 Colorado, '98 S10 ZR2 pickup
Thanks for sharing!

So you saw black mountain and forest edge interior. Quality issues aside, which do you think looks better in the daylight?
Any answer I gave at this point would be off of these pictures, unfortunately. It was 18 months ago, I was working 66 hour weeks at the time (attending on my only day off that week), and am already biased towards black...lol

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Here are a few more pictures from yesterday. A couple of these I think really show the extra length added when the tailgate is down. Edit- added one more from my phone showing the bed with the tailgate closed.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos _AMD0366

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos _AMD0367

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos _AMD0369

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos _AMD0372

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos _AMD0361-2

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos F84D4A09-7762-4934-8602-5B14BDC8C8E6

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Alan,

That's great to hear! I have a hunch it's a day you will never forget. Nice enough to get the close-up experience with the R1T with the rep there actually showing it, rather than having to quickly snap a few shots and get chased off, but having your daughter ditch her friends to join in the fun (and free lunch on Dad), that's special.

Gas cost to drive downtown: $2.35
Parking: $4.00
Lunch for two: $32.75
Great day with your daughter: Priceless ?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

They'll get it sorted. Harder to tell with the wrap but even zoomed in I think the charge door alignment is looking pretty good on this R1S.

@ClubRivian also posted pictures of two different trucks going down the road with no charge door that cant be good.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
@ClubRivian also posted pictures of two different trucks going down the road with no charge door that cant be good.
To that I say big deal... this is why they do pre-prod builds and test the vehicles. It wouldn't be good to see that on a customer vehicle but these aren't production vehicles. Also, depending on the age of those specific pics, we saw pics of vehicles without the charge port door right around the same time we first started to see evidence of the new opening mechanism (ie, the move from the simple swing hinge to pop-out and rotate mechanism).

Last edited:

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Your knowledge of birds is timely and brought back memories of my grandpa who was an avid birder. Thank you for that moment of fond reflection. ?
Matt,

I have college buddies who go on a week-long camping/birding trip every year. They grew up together and the father of one was an avid birdwatcher and got his son into it. I joined them a few years ago in a hybrid Toyota Highlander one of them had as we went from Southern Oregon to the NW California coast, up the Oregon Coast and across to Steens Mountain. We were able to silently slink along the roads in electric mode while checking out the birds. Without the engine noise, we pretty much crawled right alongside the Kiger Mustangs, a heard of wild horses that roam the mountain.

I bring all of that up because I foresee our Rivians being ideal for taking in views and experiences like these without having the thrum of an engine to alert our arrival and scare the animals off.

That is unless Rivian decides to use the song of the Great Tailed Grackle for the required low-speed noise of the Rivian. If they do that, all bets are off! ?

(I sure hope any software that detects we're offroad and allows tank turns will also disable the mandatory noisemaking device. I'll have the Meridian 360⁰ loud enough for any non-earbud-wearing pedestrian to hear me coming, even with my windows up.)

Attachments

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Although a new thread has been started to celebrate the Austin event, I wanted include this here, as well. It’s really nice of bajadaahl and jsidell to share their experiences, pics, and videos from their R1T encounters.

“Alan,

It’s great that you were able to participate with the legislators. While I’m sure they loved visiting with the lobbyists and Company people, hearing from one of their own, a fellow Texan, especially one as excited about Rivian as you are, can only help get them to address the issues that Rivian is facing.

I’m guessing you had a great time doing it. I wish I could’ve been there.

Thanks again to you and jsidell for all of the pics and narratives over the last couple of days. It’s much appreciated!”

We should be so lucky as to get this much info from one of the expected Thursday releases!

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Here are a few more pictures from yesterday. A couple of these I think really show the extra length added when the tailgate is down. Edit- added one more from my phone showing the bed with the tailgate closed.

_AMD0366.jpg

_AMD0367.jpg

_AMD0369.jpg

_AMD0372.jpg

_AMD0361-2.jpg

F84D4A09-7762-4934-8602-5B14BDC8C8E6.jpeg
Anyone else notice what it appears they’ve done to the frunk ? The original

_AMD0366.jpg

_AMD0367.jpg

_AMD0369.jpg

_AMD0372.jpg

_AMD0361-2.jpg

F84D4A09-7762-4934-8602-5B14BDC8C8E6.jpeg
Anyone else notice what it appears they’ve done with the frunk? The original Nov. 2018 prototype had a space that seemed almost to take up the whole compartment, appeared to lined in fabric, with tie-down hooks and so forth, and I believe lights inside. Now it looks like they’ve switched to a plastic liner that’s noticeably smaller, and seems more like the Mach E. Ugh. In fact, in one of the Chicago Tribune factory photos you can see a pile of these on the ground - looking like small koi pond liners. I hope I’m wrong but ...

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order

Anyone else notice what it appears they’ve done with the frunk? The original Nov. 2018 prototype had a space that seemed almost to take up the whole compartment, appeared to lined in fabric, with tie-down hooks and so forth, and I believe lights inside. Now it looks like they’ve switched to a plastic liner that’s noticeably smaller, and seems more like the Mach E. Ugh. In fact, in one of the Chicago Tribune factory photos you can see a pile of these on the ground - looking like small koi pond liners. I hope I’m wrong but ...
Bajadahl mentioned there’s a “false floor” that makes It easier to access smaller/fewer items in the trunk if you’d like to use it. I had previously only ever seen the frunk fully accessible like this:
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 5F4A1AAD-38AA-4594-9895-C1CA10BCAC84

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Kind of like the fish net pocket doors on these prototypes...I think they just aren't putting the nicer materials on these pre-production spec trucks. Can't wait till the first person on this forum gets one...I'll reserve judgement for then I imagine.
Sponsored