First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Let me know what pics you want and I will go get some. I spent the last hour trying to get some. But they were pretty particular about what I could take pictures of. They didn’t want me taking and really close up shots. But I’ll do my best to get what you want.
Gotta get pictures while charging prior to posting video. It removes the upload file size limit.
Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I’ve taken some walk around video but the forum won’t let me upload due to size. When I get home I’ll see about compressing or hosting it on a share somewhere.
Cool! Thank you

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

RJ just knocked it out of the park on BlackRock's Future Forum! He and Mary Barra gave great presentations on the electrification of automobiles and Rivian's and GM's roles going forward. I'm not sure if it was my tablet or not, but Mary looked a little Launch Green with envy. ??

Look for it on BlackRock's website later today. I think you'll enjoy it!

Way to go RJ!

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Is it just me, or does that tailgate look like it comes way off the back past the bumper? Almost as if it could drop down another 90 degrees.

Yes, I see the cables holding it up, but it kinda gives hope that the 180º tailgate could be a future aftermarket add-on.
I like that they have included a hinged plate to give a smooth surface from the bed to tailgate. Anyone who has hauled soil/gravel/aggregate will know how annoying it is having that gap.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Anyone want to tell me why Rivian would let this vehicle out into the wild with these misalignments, etc? I understand its pre-production, but wow... I swear, I'm not a hater, but OCD is kicking in...
I gave them a pass, in previous months, because it was all pre-production and I accept they may be evaluating other things rather than body panel fit/finish. However, as we get closer and closer to deliveries, I get more nervous about these glaring issues. We haven't seen any model with a well-fitting charge door, for example.

Is a missing or mis-aligned charge door going to be a characteristic quirk of Rivian? I hope not!

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

RJ just knocked it out of the park on BlackRock's Future Forum! He and Mary Barra gave great presentations on the electrification of automobiles and Rivian's and GM's roles going forward. I'm not sure if it was tablet or not, but Mary looked a little Launch Green with envy. ??

Look for it on BlackRock's website later today. I think you'll enjoy it!

Way to go RJ!
Had no idea that was happening. Will definitely need to watch the video.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
No. Forum rules require that you take and post interior photos, as well as photos inside the frunk and skidplates.

Sorry. But if you don't follow these forum rules, we'll have to remove you.
?- I tried to take pictures of the frunk but they asked me to delete them...... I got a little too close. I finally got to see where the power in the frunk is located. 12 volt cig located along the front top edge offset to the drivers side a bit. (I was told not to photograph it as it is subject to change). Was curious if the hood would interfere with a wire plugged in there (pointing straight up at the hood). Otherwise the frunk was full of there junk (backpacks and stuff) so it was hard to see too much anyway.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Admin helped me get video uploaded to youtube while I’m out and about. Enjoy! I may get a little more when I go back by in about 30 minutes.

Added photos to have them in one place along with video.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 58541c8f-393a-40ed-8f26-a3dce9bfd8c4-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos b6a072b3-16ac-4cf1-b069-59e0283132d8-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos d2753a33-0466-46e7-9eb2-e1aa4582020f-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1cdfcb98-bedd-4871-bba5-4abce35cc7ef-jpe

I debated posting this picture. Here’s a possible feature I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere before..... however, I have to warn you that I was told no decision has been made about whether or not it will actually make production. But I thought it was really cool especially for overlanding/off roading purposes. Notice the 2 lights on the mirrors circled here.... they are spot lights for lighting up the ditches or forward sides of the car. Don’t get your hopes up but that’s pretty cool and makes me wonder what other Easter eggs we might find that actually do make production.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 2021 Rivian offroad overland LED lights in mirror

Last edited by a moderator:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
?- I tried to take pictures of the frunk but they asked me to delete them...... I got a little too close. I finally got to see where the power in the frunk is located. 12 volt cig located along the front top edge offset to the drivers side a bit. (I was told not to photograph it as it is subject to change). Was curious if the hood would interfere with a wire plugged in there (pointing straight up at the hood). Otherwise the frunk was full of there junk (backpacks and stuff) so it was hard to see too much anyway.
Ask them where the access for the 12V battery is.... ?

Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
ok will do. Trying to catch them before they fold up shop for the day. Went to pickup my daughter so she can hopefullysee it.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Admin helped me get video uploaded to youtube while I’m out and about. Enjoy! I may get a little more when I go back by in about 30 minutes.

58541c8f-393a-40ed-8f26-a3dce9bfd8c4-jpeg.jpg

b6a072b3-16ac-4cf1-b069-59e0283132d8-jpeg.jpg

d2753a33-0466-46e7-9eb2-e1aa4582020f-jpeg.jpg

1cdfcb98-bedd-4871-bba5-4abce35cc7ef-jpeg.jpg
Can you ask how the door handles work? Also, if the charging light indicator on the front is still planned? Thanks!

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner

58541c8f-393a-40ed-8f26-a3dce9bfd8c4-jpeg.jpg

b6a072b3-16ac-4cf1-b069-59e0283132d8-jpeg.jpg

d2753a33-0466-46e7-9eb2-e1aa4582020f-jpeg.jpg

1cdfcb98-bedd-4871-bba5-4abce35cc7ef-jpeg.jpg
I know there was lots of speculation as to when or why door handles would be extended, but has anyone confirmed under what conditions they extend?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I like that they have included a hinged plate to give a smooth surface from the bed to tailgate. Anyone who has hauled soil/gravel/aggregate will know how annoying it is having that gap.
Filling in that gap is is a really nice touch. Best news about the tailgate/bed I've seen so far!

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
12volt battery is in the frunk under a panel that can be removed without tools.
Sponsored