First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
100% agree. I have Rivian Blue selected, but the more real photos of see of it, the less I am sure about it.
same, had it selected but after real life in the Sun pics switched to white. So difficult!

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm hoping for no 12v battery, instead some type of dc-dc converter. This would eliminate a heavy, toxic, wear item, prone to premature failure that is a relic of a time when we kept our cars filled with highly flammable gas which was explosively burned in a combustion chamber.
a converter could be problematic for people wanting to piggy back additional 12v automotive accessories onto said relic however. I'm sure we have the brain power to overcome this.
All EVs and Hybrids have a low-voltage battery to power the typical low-voltage stuff like brake lights and interior accessories. It‘s usually 12V lithium-ion, but I think Audi uses 48V. Additionally, the high-voltage battery isn’t connected to the system full-time, for safety, so you need something to power the contactor that connects it. There is a DC/DC converter that steps the voltage down to charge it when the contactor is closed and the high-voltage system is energized.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Am I the only one that sees Darth Vader’s Tie Fighter in that Rivian Puddle light logo?
I cannot unsee!

How hard will it be to pop out hood and steering wheel emblems for a 90° turn?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Kanundrum,

Thanks! That's awesome! So now we know that there are at least three vehicles in some phase of production.....or storage.....or something. Any idea who released this? Regardless, it's cool to see any views from within the Mothership. Nice touch for them to add in the beeping. With that flurry of activity, someone might get hurt without those safety measures! ?

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

That's funny, I was on Rivian chat this morning and told them to let PR know we would love photos or videoof the facility and current production line!

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Who wants to bet that the first two vehicles were Launch Green?

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
My question to CS..."Regarding the winch ready design, will there be a high amp wiring harness already at the winch location, or where would the wires for the 12v connection need to be run?" and their response tells me this specific CS agent had no clue what they are talking about! I hope they did not get it off of any internal documentation.

"This is a great clarification question about our towing setup and I'm glad to help.
What we know at this time is that when we say that the vehicles are winch ready, “ready” means that the vehicle has the necessary structures to support the installation of an accessory winch.
Other than that, for regular towing, we know that the R1T and R1S both come standard with an integrated 2" Class V receiver that is hidden behind a removable cover on the vehicle's rear fascia. Our vehicles have an integrated brake controller that utilizes a 7-pin connector as well."
From that facebook post from a "Guide" interview:
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1618659774339

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T