Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I respectfully disagree. This is a different vehicle and bumper from the tow hook pic, likely an Explore vs Adventure difference. Lots of things are different, like lines around plate, shape of light grey, and that extra protrusion underneath the plate.
Here's the interesting thing. @tx_rivian noticed that in the configurator, adding the offroad package adds that bulge under the receiver.

I'm now wondering if the winch front bumper & rear bumper with tow hooks will be accessory option(s).
Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

You are right, same license plate number but look at the different pattern in the wrap. Two different R1T’s.
It's not even the same license plate. One is 132C and the other is 132J.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It's not even the same license plate. One is 132C and the other is 132J.
Maybe I should have picked a truck with a different color to avoid confusion. I was not saying these are pictures of the same vehicle. I was saying there is a possibility that the gray panel on the bumper could hide the rear tow hooks.

Clearly the picture with them showing does not look like they are completely finished so they would be always displayed. We already know that there is a panel that covers the receiver so the possibility is that the side panels could cover the tow hooks which is why they have not been seen before.

It is also possible that they have not been on the other vehicles. We will know for sure soon....

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The first time I've noticed the rear bumper differences between R1S & R1T. That's one sexy behind on the R1S!

From FB:
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos FB_IMG_1618024535480

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The first time I've noticed the rear bumper differences between R1S & R1T. That's one sexy behind on the R1S!

From FB:
FB_IMG_1618024535480.jpg
Seriously. Someone really needs to walk up to one of those stations and check out the charging info. ?

And yes, broken record here.

Last edited:

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Anyone noticed how low the blue r1s/t is

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I doubt that’s a primer as they would have painted the body prior to marrying the body and frame. This one clearly has the frame attached. Willing to bet this is the infamous launch green.
If it is truly launch green, CS would have just pointed people to this picture or a picture of the finished vehicle when they have been asked for real world representation of the color. It's possible that this was a non-finalized version of it.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

If it is truly launch green, CS would have just pointed people to this picture or a picture of the finished vehicle when they have been asked for real world representation of the color. It's possible that this was a non-finalized version of it.
But that would just ruin all of the angst and suspense they've so carefully cultivated!

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I think from the same pic set that skyler posted.

Eys6rgYVgAkJrMB.jpg

Eys6rgcVEAEbgha.jpg
Has anyone seen a pic of one charging where the middle daytime running lamp is on showing charging progress? Worried that they got rid of that feature too. I know there are old promo photos of it indicating the level of charge, but nothing in the last year or so.
Sponsored