Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Giving the performance specs, they will probably have their eyes closed most of the time anyways....
You stole my line...I scrolled down & you beat me to it!

I was going to put a wife or MIL spin on it though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Interesting windshield wiper pattern. Driver is nearly perfect, but passenger is almost 1/2 obstructed.

wiper.jpg
This is how the Model Y is as well (presumably Model 3 too?). Maybe the wiper placement helps with aerodynamics? They also have to be able to clear off the top of the windshield for the front facing cameras.

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Another observation, that camo wrap R1T has a winch bumper without the fairlead.

Will all LE/Adventure package have the winch ready bumper? Just sometimes covered by the license plate?
We've seen at least one R1T with a winch... However, looking at these pictures I don't think there is winch provisions on this R1T... It looks more like a front license plate bracket, just without the license plate, imo.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We've seen at least one R1T with a winch... However, looking at these pictures I don't think there is winch provisions on this R1T... It looks more like a front license plate bracket, just without the license plate, imo.
Ah, could be.

In the last pic, the horizontal portion still looks to me like a cutout, but it could be part of a bracket.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Oh no, K might reignite the debate on whether that's just the "nice looking" primer coat or a view of the real Launch Green paint.

I'm a firm believer that is the primer that sparked the employee's input that a similar color paint would compliment the R1 nicely.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm a firm believer that is the primer that sparked the employee's input that a similar color paint would compliment the R1 nicely.
Yeah, they stated as much somewhere along the way. Should be very similar at least, and probably nicer with a good clear coat on it.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
April 9th, 2021 back of the Rivian building in Irvine.
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos E8924E84-76C4-45C3-9106-535BADB76FFE

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Oh no, K might reignite the debate on whether that's just the "nice looking" primer coat or a view of the real Launch Green paint.

I imagine there is a room at the factory with thousands of launch green variation samples scattered about and a designer rocking back and forth in the corner muttering to themselves.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Ugh, its got the "shark fin" from the wipers! ?
Would you prefer that the forward-facing cameras remained dirty and made for a miserably terrible Drivers+ experience with 2 opposing wipers like most European vehicles and the Ford Fusion...or clean forward-facing cameras and a plethora of added safety? ;)
Sponsored