LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

So I poked Cust. Service saying its past time for "Launch Green" to be fully revealed, in splendid video or splashy color photos - no more renderings! Surprise, surprise.... got this response back

"I can empathize with your excitement to see the (launch green) R1T. As I watched the snow melt and spring approach, I get more and more antsy to see these vehicles hit the road!
We have heard from the community about more details on paint colors, and I'm so happy to be sharing that we will be coming out with more on this very soon! Don't hesitate to let us know if there are ever any other questions that we can answer for you, we are here to help!

Have an adventurous day, Katy"

Seriously... really. This is beyond self-parody now.

Felt like replying in similar poetic fashion... "as my eyeballs redden from watching the Rivian site for any changes, and my carpal-tunnel worsens from hitting WHAT's NEW button again and again, I gaze longingly at the internet wondering when the next drop will quench my thirst for Rivian news." :idea:

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So I poked Cust. Service saying its past time for "Launch Green" to be fully revealed, in splendid video or splashy color photos - no more renderings! Surprise, surprise.... got this response back

"I can empathize with your excitement to see the (launch green) R1T. As I watched the snow melt and spring approach, I get more and more antsy to see these vehicles hit the road!
We have heard from the community about more details on paint colors, and I'm so happy to be sharing that we will be coming out with more on this very soon! Don't hesitate to let us know if there are ever any other questions that we can answer for you, we are here to help!

Have an adventurous day, Katy"

Seriously... really. This is beyond self-parody now.

Felt like replying in similar poetic fashion... "as my eyeballs redden from watching the Rivian site for any changes, and my carpal-tunnel worsens from hitting WHAT's NEW button again and again, I gaze longingly at the internet wondering when the next drop will quench my thirst for Rivian news." :idea:
I have scripts that check Rivians website for changes every 6 hours, judging by how often they have not updated their site I am guessing they are deploying a really big build which they will push to production eventually (soon).

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I'm so happy to be sharing that we will be coming out with more on this very soon!
Hey, she said very soon not just soon. That's an improvement. Now we just have to determine how long very soon is compared to soon.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Hey, she said very soon not just soon. That's an improvement. Now we just have to determine how long very soon is compared to soon.
I’m convinced these are just chatbots. No real person could be (consistently) this happy and excited to give you no real information!

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I have scripts that check Rivians website for changes every 6 hours, judging by how often they have not updated their site I am guessing they are deploying a really big build which they will push to production eventually (soon).
That’s taking it to a really nerdy obsessive level.... I love it ?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I am guessing they are deploying a really big build which they will push to production eventually (soon).
Just "soon".... not very soon! :p

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
1) Share when they are updating.

2) What a frustrating response. Just say - 'we are not telling you'. Soon from a geological perspective is different from that of a fruit fly. What does it mean. . . . .

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I’m convinced these are just chatbots. No real person could be (consistently) this happy and excited to give you no real information!
No, they learned their customer service skills from Chick Fill A. Exuberantly happy on the outside, dead on the inside (personal experience).

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I'm so happy to be sharing that we will be coming out with more on this very soon!
Every day that goes by, "closer to delivery" converges on "very soon", so we just need to know how they are defining these two time frames, when they will be the same date, and then we'll know when to expect a release of info.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Ha, I was doing this in the fall, and eventually just gave up. Now I manually check the support pages once a week. I hope your scripts have a better attention span than mine.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Sharing now a genuine response from Rivian after I sent a reply poking fun at the whole "more coming soon" situation. Here's reply back:

Thank you for your return email and your honest candor. As you know, we are getting so close to the finish line and as such are putting on the final touches needed to bring our vehicles to life for the public. This means that we will definitely be coming out with many announcements in the coming days, weeks and months related to our vehicles in general and your specific vehicle configuration.

Please know that we appreciate you being a member of our preorder community and take your opinions and feedback very seriously. Not only do we appreciate your comments, but we are glad to talk about them further. Would you like me to give you a call when you have some time to discuss this in more detail? If so, please reply with a good time for you. Or, you can call us at 1-888-Rivian-1 (888-748-4261).

Your fellow adventurer,
Katy

8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST - M-F
Closed - Sa-Su

Count my confidence restored! :clap:

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Just "soon".... not very soon! :p

Technically they said soon in December or even very soon. I won't be holding my breathe, the proof is in the code push!
Sponsored