Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Oh geez, fire up the speculation machine on why they are hiding the bumper...I think it's because they decided to add 5 LIDAR sensors there.
Winch! 🤞
Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Oh geez, fire up the speculation machine on why they are hiding the bumper...I think it's because they decided to add 5 LIDAR sensors there.
Too lazy to pull it off.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Last edited:

Sponsored

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Some poor soul's years of waiting dashed. Ouch!
So, if I understand this correctly, that R1T is the property of the owner even before delivery. That means that the customer has to obtain the accident report and file with their insurance? Rivian is off the hook?

edit: geesh, what a myopic comment. I hope the driver of the other truck is okay.

Sponsored

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
So, if I understand this correctly, that R1T is the property of the owner even before delivery. That means that the customer has to obtain the accident report and file with their insurance? Rivian is off the hook?

edit: geesh, what a myopic comment. I hope the driver of the other truck is okay.
Legally, yes. Practically, no. Rivian will take it back and rematch them with a new one. There have been multiple reports of vehicles being damaged in transport, which cancelled deliveries and necessitated new VIN matching.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Legally, yes. Practically, no. Rivian will take it back and rematch them with a new one. There have been multiple reports of vehicles being damaged in transport, which cancelled deliveries and necessitated new VIN matching.
This assumes it is in fact a new delivery, and not a recent delivery being taken to/from the service center to have work done. The latter would obviously be the owner's problem, not Rivian's.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
This assumes it is in fact a new delivery, and not a recent delivery being taken to/from the service center to have work done. The latter would obviously be the owner's problem, not Rivian's.
That's probably right, though to make things more complex, I would imagine the transport carrier has insurance that would actually be the one covering the incident and not the owner.

But that's not my field of expertise. I specialize in Bird Law.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Interesting how she had to jump off. My wife may end up with some injuries getting on and off this thing.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1652389293905
Sponsored