Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
If they're still considering a greyish green, I might suggest this metallic sage I created way back in December 2019. Actually reminds me quite a bit of that "Deepwood Green Metallic" Chevy above.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos sage-gray-2-rivian-r1s-suv
Sponsored

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Haha guilty as charged!

They did tell me they are finalizing the color for Launch Green...
Current iterations under consideration:
1. Brownish Green
2. Grey Green
3. Flat Green

I'm just calling it Ambiguous Green, I mean Amphibious Green...

I digress...
Given how many grey tones they already have in the line-up (silver, el cap granite, limestone) my guess is that they're going to land on either the brownish or the flat green. Watch them troll us and use three versions of the color in different stores/pop-ups and have us fight about it online to figure out which one is the most popular.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Given how many grey tones they already have in the line-up (silver, el cap granite, limestone) my guess is that they're going to land on either the brownish or the flat green. Watch them troll us and use three versions of the color in different stores/pop-ups and have us fight about it online to figure out which one is the most popular.
If they are having trouble deciding, putting it to a vote among LE reservation holders seems a reasonable idea to me. I mean they are the only customers impacted by the decision...

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Launch Green has never really made sense as being the special launch color. They already have a nice green in their lineup in the form of Forest Green. It would have made more sense to make Compass Yellow the special launch color, since it's their signature company color and based on polls very few people have configured it.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I really want Launch Green because of it being exclusive, but I hope it's not as brown as it comes off in leaked shots.
I would be happy with the "launch green" twitter photo Rivian released last fall. The photo looks pretty different from the brown-green that appears in the configurator.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1619632392032

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1619632419196

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
If they are having trouble deciding, putting it to a vote among LE reservation holders seems a reasonable idea to me. I mean they are the only customers impacted by the decision...
Now that is a super neat idea! Builds a level of brand association that cannot be bought.

Launch Green has never really made sense as being the special launch color. They already have a nice green in their lineup in the form of Forest Green. It would have made more sense to make Compass Yellow the special launch color, since it's their signature company color and based on polls very few people have configured it.
I'm with you on this. My understanding is that Launch Green was inspired by the color of the primer that they were using on their test vehicles. That's probably also why they are okay not upcharging for the color as they've done for Yellow and Blue.

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Haha guilty as charged!

They did tell me they are finalizing the color for Launch Green...
Current iterations under consideration:
1. Brownish Green
2. Grey Green
3. Flat Green

I'm just calling it Ambiguous Green, I mean Amphibious Green...

I digress...
Grey green would be awesome in a matte finish

SleepySheepie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, FJ40, MG TF1500, Model S, Lotus
More of a flat army green. No more gray. There are enough grey shades to choose from. And brown is just ugly and sad.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Probably will be a lot like Fathom, but I'd like it to be more like 'Swamp Monster'
Jaded Green maybe but looks too much like Forest Green in the deep shade.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Fathom

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Swamp Monster

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Jaded Gree

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos _nc_ohc=gSoaCkIkuTQAX8SDE4j&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1

In front of Heartland CC in Bloomington for the investment presentation. Port looks aligned albeit a different color.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
_nc_ohc=gSoaCkIkuTQAX8SDE4j&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

In front of Heartland CC in Bloomington for the investment presentation. Port looks aligned albeit a different color.
It is almost like there is some Chroma Flair in the paint where depending on the angle it looks like a different color.

Note the front and the hood, as well as the lower portion of the door appear more silver and the broadside of the front fender and door look more blue.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
PSA anyone near Yuma, AZ, rivian crew is heading that way. Maybe @azbill @azjohnny @AzAdventures
Do you know the time frame? Sounds like they are taking I8 and the Dateland EA charging site is about 100 miles from my house. The chargers in Casa Grande are even closer, that is where I8 starts off of I10.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Do you know the time frame? Sounds like they are taking I8 and the Dateland EA charging site is about 100 miles from my house. The chargers in Casa Grande are even closer, that is where I8 starts off of I10.
In about 30 minutes. Correct they are taking i8

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition