Real Rivian Photos & Videos

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Glad to finally see these wheels out in the wild. I like that the center of the wheel is concave, that does not come across at all in the configurator renderings.
That’s the 20” R1S wheel on the R1T, right? So $1800 upgrade on R1T?
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Glad to finally see these wheels out in the wild. I like that the center of the wheel is concave, that does not come across at all in the configurator renderings.
Better aero on these wheels vs the R1Ts 20s?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Better aero on these wheels vs the R1Ts 20s?
Wheel to wheel you’re probably right - but the R1T 20s have the aero inserts, which could tip the balance.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Wheel to wheel you’re probably right - but the R1T 20s have the aero inserts, which could tip the balance.
I believe Rivian CS has recently indicated that aero inserts will only be available for the 21s, even though they have previously been seen on the 20s.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I believe Rivian CS has recently indicated that aero inserts will only be available for the 21s, even though they have previously been seen on the 20s.
Oh, weird - I wonder why. Perhaps it doesn’t improve efficiency on the 20s as much as they anticipated? Or just simplifying their supply chain?

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Nice pic. My point is I just hope they don’t compromise the space too much.
Anyone see the Sandy Munro video on the Frunk in the VW iD4? You can store a maybe a dog leash. And the Frunk in the Ford MachE isn't a lot better. The Rivian is the Grand Canyon of the bunch.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Here are a few more pictures from yesterday. A couple of these I think really show the extra length added when the tailgate is down. Edit- added one more from my phone showing the bed with the tailgate closed.

_AMD0366.jpg

_AMD0367.jpg

_AMD0369.jpg

_AMD0372.jpg

_AMD0361-2.jpg

F84D4A09-7762-4934-8602-5B14BDC8C8E6.jpeg
You mentioned this is a MAX Pack. Did you notice if any space was sacrificed in the Tunnel (or under the rear seat) for the batteries...if you know. Thank you for posting all these pictures!

Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Here are a few more pictures from yesterday. A couple of these I think really show the extra length added when the tailgate is down. Edit- added one more from my phone showing the bed with the tailgate closed.

_AMD0366.jpg

_AMD0367.jpg

_AMD0369.jpg

_AMD0372.jpg

_AMD0361-2.jpg

F84D4A09-7762-4934-8602-5B14BDC8C8E6.jpeg
Tailgate open/down question for anyone. With that tailgate down, it appears you will be able to carry much longer items. What do you think will be the after-market solution for not having those items launch out of the bed into the Ford MachE following behind you?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Tailgate open/down question for anyone. With that tailgate down, it appears you will be able to carry much longer items. What do you think will be the after-market solution for not having those items launch out of the bed into the Ford MachE following behind you?
Rope and tie down straps.
Pickup trucks have existed longer than cars. These are not new problems and we already have solutions.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Anyone see the Sandy Munro video on the Frunk in the VW iD4? You can store a maybe a dog leash. And the Frunk in the Ford MachE isn't a lot better. The Rivian is the Grand Canyon of the bunch.
And you’re getting all of that frunk space in a truck. That has always been one of the compromises when owning a truck, you don’t often have the secure water-proof storage for things like luggage. I think I would use the frunk space way more in a truck than in a crossover like the MME or ID.4 that also have the trunk space.

Some rope or twine? You will probably be able to get some sort of cage like they have for the Chevy Avalanche. But you should also be able to tie down larger loads in many ways

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Some rope or twine? You will probably be able to get some sort of cage like they have for the Chevy Avalanche. But you should also be able to tie down larger loads in many ways
Every truck owner should have some ratchet straps in their rig. It’s simply un-American not to! ?
Sponsored