Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I think from the same pic set that skyler posted.

Eys6rgYVgAkJrMB.jpg
What's with the tape on the passenger side of the windshield? I suspect a loose pillar trim...
Sponsored

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
That Rivian blue is really hard to pin down, it looks so different depending on lighting, and maybe camera, too. In some pictures I'm surprised at how much I like it, and in other pictures, well . . . something else, please.

njcoach24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC
That Rivian blue is really hard to pin down, it looks so different depending on lighting, and maybe camera, too. In some pictures I'm surprised at how much I like it, and in other pictures, well . . . something else, please.
agreed on this...the website pictures in the woods & when on display with all the special lighting it looks incredible but in all the real life pictures Iā€™m in the something else please camp. Forest Green has also had this issue when you compare real life to the promo pictures however itā€™s just nice no matter the shade. We really nice to see all the colors at this point, I find it hard to believe they donā€™t have them all ready to show by now.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
It's an S, and that has to be kneel mode.
oh MAN that makes me happy. As a dad of 3 young kids I hope it gets that low. Iā€™m terrified Iā€™m going to really miss my Expeditionā€™s auto running boards.

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
agreed on this...the website pictures in the woods & when on display with all the special lighting it looks incredible but in all the real life pictures Iā€™m in the something else please camp. Forest Green has also had this issue when you compare real life to the promo pictures however itā€™s just nice no matter the shade. We really nice to see all the colors at this point, I find it hard to believe they donā€™t have them all ready to show by now.
100% agree. I have Rivian Blue selected, but the more real photos of see of it, the less I am sure about it.

Sponsored

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
100% agree. I have Rivian Blue selected, but the more real photos of see of it, the less I am sure about it.
+1.
In pics, itā€™s looking more like the blue flame color Toyota offers in Corollas and RAV4s than the deeper blue it has on TRD models.
I donā€™t necessarily hate blue flame but wonā€™t stick with that ā€” and certainly not at a $2500 premiumā€” if itā€™s that shade.
Time to see Launch Green already!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
oh MAN that makes me happy. As a dad of 3 young kids I hope it gets that low. Iā€™m terrified Iā€™m going to really miss my Expeditionā€™s auto running boards.
Not sure how young yours are, but my youngest is 4 & the kids literally jump & climb into a lifted Wrangler on 37" tires. I'm more concerned with their grandparents...we normally opt for my Grand Cherokee, but they manage the Wrangler as well at times & that's much more entertaining than the kids, who handle it no sweat.

JLiz5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mercedes GLE350, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Sales
Totally agree, however I donā€™t think any of us is going to be comfortable with a color choice after seeing all the variations until we can see them in person. I havenā€™t seen any consistency in the media files that I could commit to.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Not sure how young yours are, but my youngest is 4 & the kids literally jump & climb into a lifted Wrangler on 37" tires. I'm more concerned with their grandparents...we normally opt for my Grand Cherokee, but they manage the Wrangler as well at times & that's much more entertaining than the kids, who handle it no sweat.
This whole time I have been thinking they'd have to offer running boards. No way they wouldn't offer running boards. But maybe they don't, and instead, rely on 'kneel mode'? If they were to offer them, wouldn't we have seen a pre-production vehicle with them fitted by now? I"m sure the guides will set us straight soon enough...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
This whole time I have been thinking they'd have to offer running boards. No way they wouldn't offer running boards. But maybe they don't, and instead, rely on 'kneel mode'? If they were to offer them, wouldn't we have seen a pre-production vehicle with them fitted by now? I"m sure the guides will set us straight soon enough...
Kneel mode is definitely meant for easy entry & exit, and I think it should be sufficient for most, if not all. However, I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Rivian or aftermarket option.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Kneel mode is definitely meant for easy entry & exit, and I think it should be sufficient for most, if not all. However, I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Rivian or aftermarket option.
probably not terribly aero friendly either.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
All I'm thinking about is that with no running boards, at least the door jamb extends all the way down. I hate stepping out of muddy or salt & slush encrusted car and getting my pants legs dirty on an exposed edge.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I wouldn't count out running boards of some sort. Maybe not electric ones but at least something to stand up on closer to the ground. Both of these pics were taken from the Patagonia to LA Anniversary video w/ David Alexanian. If you aren't aware the interior door sill is about as high if not slightly higher than the horizontal mold line on the doors so that step while tucked up nice and neat to the body, offers a much lower step surface when the door is open.
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.09.36 PM
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.11.23 PM

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
+1.
In pics, itā€™s looking more like the blue flame color Toyota offers in Corollas and RAV4s than the deeper blue it has on TRD models.
Great color analogy! I like the deeper blue on the Toyota TRD models, but not the lighter blue flame color.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Great color analogy! I like the deeper blue on the Toyota TRD models, but not the lighter blue flame color.
I'm going to disagree. Tacoma and 4Runner Calvary Blue is absolute fire, especially with some matte black thrown in.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos d-4x4-Lifted-with-Upgraded-Tires-RARE-Calvary-Blue
Sponsored