Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Seems like the Head of Colour and Material Design has left after only a few months on the job according to her LinkedIn page. She had quite the resume with Porsche, Mercedes and Volvo before.
Was there much for her to do since the colors (interior and exterior) and design elements were chosen years ago. I am joking a little but she had no input on the vehicles we have been seeing for the past few months.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

FB_IMG_1637767352360.jpg

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! ?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and their family. I had another Rivian Based dream again. Gotta lay off the sauce late at night while surfing the forums ?.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and their family. I had another Rivian Based dream again. Gotta lay off the sauce late at night while surfing the forums ?.
Although a crazy neighbor once explained that "You can't drink all day, if you don't start early!" Don't know whatever happened to him. ?

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Bumble1978 said:
For posterity if nothing else. ✌❤⚡??

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos r1t_test_drive-001-

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos r1t_test_drive-002-

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos r1t_test_drive-004-

For posterity if nothing else.
Resident English teacher just doing what we do. ?
That's hilarious! You know, once we actually have our R1T's and R1S's tucked away and charging in our garages at night, there likely will be a sense of prosperity setting in.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Sorry I don’t have a pic to share, but I have to say that I gained a newfound respect for the design decision of the stadium/racetrack shaped lights.

I was driving on a local road and I instantly knew there was a Rivian heading towards me because of those lights from at least 1/2 mile away. I was neutral on the shape until this encounter and now I’m firmly on the FOR side. It turned out to be an R1T in El Cap with a tent mounted above the bed.

I find it very exciting to see Rivians driving around and I don’t care who is driving them: employee, reviewer, investor, customer, etc. It’s not a matter of IF we will be able to get our Rivians, but WHEN. That’s a lot more than other EV startup customers can say!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry I don’t have a pic to share, but I have to say that I gained a newfound respect for the design decision of the stadium/racetrack shaped lights.

I was driving on a local road and I instantly knew there was a Rivian heading towards me because of those lights from at least 1/2 mile away. I was neutral on the shape until this encounter and now I’m firmly on the FOR side. It turned out to be an R1T in El Cap with a tent mounted above the bed.

I find it very exciting to see Rivians driving around and I don’t care who is driving them: employee, reviewer, investor, customer, etc. It’s not a matter of IF we will be able to get our Rivians, but WHEN. That’s a lot more than other EV startup customers can say!
I've had a similar experience. I was originally pretty "meh" on the lights, but they've grown on me. I saw them in person at the Bellevue service center recently, and think it looks great.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Looks like an OC, CA delivery, has temp CA tags on a new flatbed with Rivian LLC on the door. Harbor Blvd. in Costa Mesa heading towards Newport Beach, no Rivian facilities in the direction he was driving.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos BB1AE861-360E-47EB-A325-5DDF42A68187

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Looks like an OC, CA delivery, has temp CA tags on a new flatbed with Rivian LLC on the door. Harbor Blvd. in Costa Mesa heading towards Newport Beach, no Rivian facilities in the direction he was driving.

BB1AE861-360E-47EB-A325-5DDF42A68187.jpeg
Love those dark 20" rims, definitely my favorite of the lot by some distance.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

BB1AE861-360E-47EB-A325-5DDF42A68187.jpeg
Of note on the CA temp tags: My Washington State Mobile First Drive R1T had temp CA tags on it...
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 2021-12-01 (2)

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Of note on the CA temp tags: My Washington State Mobile First Drive R1T had temp CA tags on it...
2021-12-01 (2).png
That is interesting. I wonder if it was an employee’s vehicle they are using for test drives?

The temp tag means it has been registered in the state so it can no longer be sold as a new vehicle, if they sell it it will be sold as used. It also means that the registration and sales tax has been paid, not something a manufacturer would normally do unless they are using them for a loaner fleet. I doubt they would put the black wheels on a loaner.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
That is interesting. I wonder if it was an employee’s vehicle they are using for test drives?

The temp tag means it has been registered in the state so it can no longer be sold as a new vehicle, if they sell it it will be sold as used. It also means that the registration and sales tax has been paid, not something a manufacturer would normally do unless they are using them for a loaner fleet. I doubt they would put the black wheels on a loaner.
I mean, they used their premium paint option (the $2,500-a-pop Rivian Blue) to paint all their factory robots, so ?‍♂ wouldn't put this past them!
Sponsored