kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I blame operator error - It's not like they jumped out of nowhere and hit the door.

In my most Doug Demuro voice:

THISssssss

Those are also there so a car doesn't back into a station and become a Human BBQ.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I blame operator error - It's not like they jumped out of nowhere and hit the door.
Ultimately it is operator error. But steps could still be taken to mitigate risk/damage... For example, painting them a bright yellow, or installing those plastic covers over the metal pole so there's some "spring" instead of just being a solid tube to bash.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
@DuckTruck I got off of all social media platforms about two years ago and initially I was insane to see how often I picked up my phone to look at an app I no longer had. It really can take a hold of your free time. These social media platforms have algorithms to keep you on their sites longer by dopamine release. My parents have social media, they are in there 60s and I constantly have to tell my mom to put down her phone or to stop sending me 20 videos a day. Not worth it.
1635164403241.jpeg
This is true. Keep the following list very boring and limited to non-emotional topics to keep from getting sucked in.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Ultimately it is operator error. But steps could still be taken to mitigate risk/damage... For example, painting them a bright yellow, or installing those plastic covers over the metal pole so there's some "spring" instead of just being a solid tube to bash.
No excuse to leave them hard and hidden. They could make custom orange sleeves to put over them to remind you to go into the Walmart to recharge you with Cheetos while you also recharge your vehicle. Great way to get some advertising dollars out of these poles, while making them safe for doors, bumpers, and the occasional kneecap or shin.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos images (7)

Or maybe dress the poles in plastic tubes to advertise Pringles, Coke, and beer. As long as we're saving the world, we might as well enjoy it with a healthy, tasty snack!

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1635177388613

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1635177774469

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1635177854973

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1635178437796

Sponsored

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
No excuse to leave them hard and hidden. They could make custom orange sleeves to put over them to remind you to go into the Walmart to recharge you with Cheetos while you also recharge your vehicle. Great way to get some advertising dollars out of these poles, while making them safe for doors, bumpers, and the occasional kneecap or shin.

images (7).jpeg

Or maybe dress the poles in plastic tubes to advertise Pringles, Coke, and beer. As long as we're saving the world, we might as well enjoy it with a healthy, tasty snack!

1635177388613.png

1635177774469.png
1635177774469.png
1635177774469.png

1635177854973.png

1635178437796.png
Eh, I suppose if I had to choose one of those, I'd pick the wat...errr......beer.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Brice,

Thanks for the input. I'll give Instagram a good look before jumping in. Speaking of Twitter, I have noticed the limited character of some living in that world. ?
Not namin' names ?, but...
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos images (7)

Riventures

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eTron GT
Occupation
Management Consultant
This is from a 21 vehicle review that is being done by a mostly amateur group of offroaders. They found the R1T to be so intriguing that they will do a "special" on it apart from all other vehicles:
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 2.08.25 PM

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Eh, I suppose if I had to choose one of those, I'd pick the wat...errr......beer.
You don't really have to choose, beer is almost all water. Especially Coors Light. They don't compare it to "sex on the beach" for no reason. ;)

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
You don't really have to choose, beer is almost all water. Especially Coors Light. They don't compare it to "sex on the beach" for no reason. ;)
Long ago I was having a small business dinner that I arrived at a few minutes late after introductions had been made. Everyone had ordered Coors, which I detest. I made the "sex on the beach" joke, and got pregnant silence from the table. My boss took a moment, and then said, "Yo dude, let me introduce you to Pete ... Coors". Ah, well. Actually, Pete was good natured about it and bought me a Becks with a smile.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Long ago I was having a small business dinner that I arrived at a few minutes late after introductions had been made. Everyone had ordered Coors, which I detest. I made the "sex on the beach" joke, and got pregnant silence from the table. My boss took a moment, and then said, "Yo dude, let me introduce you to Pete ... Coors". Ah, well. Actually, Pete was good natured about it and bought me a Becks with a smile.
you should’ve apologized, since there is no sand in inconvenient places when drinking a coors, and corrected it to the proper “sex in a canoe” comparison.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

you should’ve apologized, since there is no sand in inconvenient places when drinking a coors, and corrected it to the proper “sex in a canoe” comparison.
I'm guessing beaches in Canada are cold enough to cause significant shrinkage, right? The canoe makes for the perfect solution, capsizing not withstanding.... ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

That must have been one of those "my career flashed before my eyes!" kind of moments. I had a co-worker who was invited to lunch with his VP. He said he sat facing the front door of the restaurant and noticed a very attractive woman entering the building. Just before he was about to point her out in his typically lurid way and tell his boss how much he'd enjoy her company, she stopped at the table, kissed the boss on his forehead, and said "Hi, daddy!"

Good thing he didn't say a word! If he had, I'd have never met him or learned this story.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Having the last name "Coors" myself (although spelled differently), I love everything about these jokes ?

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
Driving around Bellevue today, right in front of Delivery Center. Some of you will recognize the location. So great to see these finally showing up in our corner of the world!

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos D8EF6D04-F2E9-4384-BB70-3C2FACA3E116

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos EFA379DA-C94A-4276-93B2-78AC10A47599

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 74B9218C-33FD-4B1F-94D1-D8F0277E2F1A
Sponsored