Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Great photos everyone, thanks so much for this thread! I'm definitely coming around to both 20" wheel options (the R1S style looks much better in these photos v. the configurator) but the 21" wheels look atrocious!?

GIJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Tesla 3
Aren't those the same truck? Same plates! Maybe they wrapped in layers and the house picture is finished product.

Sponsored

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Great photos everyone, thanks so much for this thread! I'm definitely coming around to both 20" wheel options (the R1S style looks much better in these photos v. the configurator) but the 21" wheels look atrocious!?
Ha! Definitely different strokes. I think the only decent wheel options for the R1T are the 21" and 22". The dark 20" on the R1S come in 3rd and the alloy colored 20" are the ugliest. I hate the rectangular design of the alloy 20" wheels.

For the R1S, I again like the 21" and 22" wheel options, followed by the dark colored 20". The 20" alloy wheels are awful. It's like they had a contest at Rivian where they threw darts for the wheel options. Someone sneezed when they threw and the dart landed in the ugly, throw away pile, but they felt obligated to go with the choice ;)

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Ha! Definitely different strokes. I think the only decent wheel options for the R1T are the 21" and 22". The dark 20" on the R1S come in 3rd and the alloy colored 20" are the ugliest. I hate the rectangular design of the alloy 20" wheels.
I want a truck (R1T) that looks are performs like a truck. Thus, 20” for me all day. Just looks (and is) far more offroad capable. I’d actually prefer an 18” or 19”, but I get it relative to needing larger brake rotors and calipers to stop such a heavy truck. I originally configured in white, and the dark 20” definitely looked better on the white, as well as the darker body colors. But I’ve since switched to Limestone where the std 20” actually looks OK. LIkely not going to upgrade to dark wheels if I stay with Limestone, but I won’t make a final body color choice until I can see it in person.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
I want a truck (R1T) that looks are performs like a truck. Thus, 20” for me all day. Just looks (as is) far more offroad capable.
I totally get the desire for 20" wheels by some for the capability aspect. My comments were simply aimed at the aesthetic looks of the wheel options.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

For the R1S, I again like the 21" and 22" wheel options, followed by the dark colored 20". The 20" alloy wheels are awful. It's like they had a contest at Rivian where they threw darts for the wheel options. Someone sneezed when they threw and the dart landed in the ugly, throw away pile, but they felt obligated to go with the choice ;)
Different strokes indeed :). I honestly feel like the configurator renderings are doing a poor job of communicating what these wheels actually look like. Is there a single official photo of the 21's on a Rivian? Either way, can't wait for the opportunity to see everything for real and make some choices.
Sponsored