First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, so I am coming out of stealth mode for this “find.” There has been a lot of mystery around actual photos of limestone. I think this picture is it. I believe the prior comment about it being a wrap was referring to the R1 you see behind the driver’s side of the truck through the window. Looking at the configurator photos for limestone this seems spot on. Real life photos of El Cap seem much darker. Any other opinions???
I had the same thought.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Ok, so I am coming out of stealth mode for this “find.” There has been a lot of mystery around actual photos of limestone. I think this picture is it. I believe the prior comment about it being a wrap was referring to the R1 you see behind the driver’s side of the truck through the window. Looking at the configurator photos for limestone this seems spot on. Real life photos of El Cap seem much darker. Any other opinions???
BWillR1T,

Welcome to the non-stealth, public side of the pool! I've been steadfast on a Launch Green w/Forest Edge R1T from two minutes after the Configurator went live. That said, the Limestone, El Cap, L.A. Silver and other some other colors, most with Mountain Black, become potentials with every tease we receive.

After sitting in Hayward Field in 115⁰ heat this last weekend for the Olympic Track & Field Trials, I'm actually giving some thought to going with Glacier White, although Ocean Coast would have me wearing sunglasses at night. I want a cool vehicle (you can take that both ways) but I can't stand light interiors the make for lots of reflected light within the cabin.

Like pretty much everyone here, I'd really prefer to see and touch all exteriors and interiors before filling out my order, but realize that may not happen.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
That last set of pictures proves that the R1T at least still has an auto-leveling feature. Notice how the rear tires are up higher than the front tires - my guess is the vehicle auto-leveled it out there. That does seem somewhat awkward for the rear passengers, but I've seen others questioning whether that feature is there. I don't see any other reason there'd be that much difference in tire-to-well gap in those images.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to have done too much for the side-to-side camber. Maybe these pics are just deceptive?
EDIT2: Maybe the frunk has a couple bodies in it? Shouldn't matter with air suspension...

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Every truck I've seen has had a "rake" where the rear sits higher than the front, when unloaded.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I don't think that holds true for those with air suspension. My understanding is that is for standard coil springs and helps the truck deal with the loaded weight in the bed.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Limestone or dirty Silver? ???

Dirty silver, it almost looks like a flat silver. I really think they are playing with the colors and determinining which shade is best etc also Lighting as well.

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Dirty silver, it almost looks like a flat silver. I really think they are playing with the colors and determinining which shade is best etc also Lighting as well.
I would love it if Limestone ended up being something flat like Audi's nardo grey, which is very similar looking to the pictures you posted.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Every truck I've seen has had a "rake" where the rear sits higher than the front, when unloaded.
This may be intentional as you wrote.

If the Rivian’s suspension leveling is like what I have had on other vehicles, this rake may be calibrated in so it looks as you’d expect when normal ride height is achieved by the suspension.
Sponsored