First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
I wouldn't count out running boards of some sort. Maybe not electric ones but at least something to stand up on closer to the ground. Both of these pics were taken from the Patagonia to LA Anniversary video w/ David Alexanian. If you aren't aware the interior door sill is about as high if not slightly higher than the horizontal mold line on the doors so that step while tucked up nice and neat to the body, offers a much lower step surface when the door is open.
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.09.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.11.23 PM.png
Nice find and share. Hadn't noticed that at all in the multiple times I've watched that video. Always too busy gawking at the matte wrap and staring at wheels trying to decide how to finalize spec and what to do aftermarket.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
That Rivian blue is really hard to pin down, it looks so different depending on lighting, and maybe camera, too. In some pictures I'm surprised at how much I like it, and in other pictures, well . . . something else, please.
This video (which was posted on page 1) looks exactly how I want it to look ??:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This video (which was posted on page 1) looks exactly how I want it to look ??:
Having seen it in person, I think that video represents the color well.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
I wouldn't count out running boards of some sort. Maybe not electric ones but at least something to stand up on closer to the ground. Both of these pics were taken from the Patagonia to LA Anniversary video w/ David Alexanian. If you aren't aware the interior door sill is about as high if not slightly higher than the horizontal mold line on the doors so that step while tucked up nice and neat to the body, offers a much lower step surface when the door is open.
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.09.36 PM.png
This is a great point and good find. I looked back at a bunch of photos and materials and found none that show the depth of this step at any reasonable angle. That said, this is exactly the kind of detail I don't expect Rivian to miss, especially when they spend so much time discussing their research on ease of use and utility. If there's a decent platform, problem solved.

I came across a moment in the Long Weekend video @ 5:11 where a boy jumps out of the back seat onto the snow. In freeze frame, he appears to be flying! The car was not in kneel mode. My kids will definitely be doing this:
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1618326943034

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

What??? No view from the front? Come on! ?
The R1S and R1T have an unreleased feature that allows NOTHING to pass it...Rivian has pulled out all the stops...First Rivian only allows people to take pictures at the worst angles and limits those terrible pictures to 3, sometimes 4, and now this! What will Rivian think of next? Brilliant!
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos tenor

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The R1S and R1T have an unreleased feature that allows NOTHING to pass it...Rivian has pulled out all the stops...First Rivian only allows people to take pictures at the worst angles and limits those terrible pictures to 3, sometimes 4, and now this! What will Rivian think of next? Brilliant!
tenor.gif
That's because the R1S looks the best from behind it.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
That's because the R1S looks the best from behind it.
Ehh, I’ve gotten used to the front. I think it actually looks kind of cool now, but yeah when I first saw that I wasn’t a fan

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I’m really happy to see the winch. I was curious how much room would be available behind the bumper and below the trunk. If Rivian can do it, so can aftermarket!
I got a message back from Customer Service regarding the winch. This is great news. I figured they would, but glad to hear it from CS.

"our vehicles will come winch-ready! All necessary structures and supports for installation will be available."

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

that's amazing good news! :clap::rock::like:

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I got a message back from Customer Service regarding the winch. This is great news. I figured they would, but glad to hear it from CS.

"our vehicles will come winch-ready! All necessary structures and supports for installation will be available."
This is great news and I can never pass up an opportunity to take a dig and Land Rover and how they have completely failed to properly/and easily accommodate a winch on the new Defender. (See TFL on YouTube’s horrible Defender experience). Great foresight by Rivian!!