timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I’m not sure about any state sticker, but while it’s blurry, at first glance, the plates look to me like the color of the Michigan Manufacturer’s plate we’ve seen elsewhere. Not sure if that was what you’re asking or not, but what the heck.
All the plates are Illinois manufacturer plates. Michigan plates are white with blue numbers.

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

All the plates are Illinois manufacturer plates. Michigan plates are white with blue numbers.
timf,

Thanks for the heads up. I was away from the computer and couldn't make out much on my phone. I went back to check the orangey-pinkish plates in L.A. and see that those are the Illinois Manufacturers plates you mentioned that I assumed were from Michigan. I also see the sticker that skyote referenced, but I still can't make out squat.

My offer still stands. I'm willing to trade my neighbor's middle child to see one of these things in the flesh. I'll toss in their oldest son as well for anything in Launch Green.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Is this a malfunctioning DRL bar?

Alternatively, could be caps from a video, which always makes LEDs look wonky.
cohall, I think you're right. I found this video I took of the prop just outside my window to show a friend who isn't a fan of flying. To the naked eye, the prop is just a blur. I think the visual effect is caused by the cell phone's capture rate and may be similar to the wonky view of the Rivian's lights. It's not unlike when using a cell phone to capture video off of a TV screen.

BTW, the friend was not amused when she saw the strange view of the prop. And, no, she wasn't on the plane. That would've been mean.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Man that is right where I work. I need to stalk them. If they have a garage back there I'm so finding it
I ended up going to electrify America labs today to talk to them and to see if the vehicle was outside.

It was not, but I did speak with the gentleman outside and asked him where it was.

He said it left for New York this morning as far as he knows but it might still be around the area. He did confirm they were working on plug and play as well as testing charging levels but he was in a hurry as we were talking outside so I didn't want to pressure him to chat more.

The labs inside which had a full view of the garage door open was pretty awesome.

Imagine a mock version of every electrified America charger with service bays.

Again everyone was kind of looking at me as it's a beautiful weather day here so I didn't want to take any pictures but I'm pretty confident at least from an electrified America standpoint The car will be able to be successful in getting charged.

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
I ended up going to electrify America labs today to talk to them and to see if the vehicle was outside.

It was not, but I did speak with the gentleman outside and asked him where it was.

He said it left for New York this morning as far as he knows but it might still be around the area. He did confirm they were working on plug and play as well as testing charging levels but he was in a hurry as we were talking outside so I didn't want to pressure him to chat more.

The labs inside which had a full view of the garage door open was pretty awesome.

Imagine a mock version of every electrified America charger with service bays.

Again everyone was kind of looking at me as it's a beautiful weather day here so I didn't want to take any pictures but I'm pretty confident at least from an electrified America standpoint The car will be able to be successful in getting charged.
Awesome Agent K!
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1616781765882

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S