OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
CA4D4347-A7A6-4705-9466-26D655328B67.jpeg

Looks like the R1S we spotted has made its way to The Ritz in Laguna Niguel, CA.
@smithschenden
it’s smaller by a matter of inches compared to the escalade. You can see that here. What a beast1
Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
It's hard to believe it's already been a month since this guy came off the assembly line. Makes me wonder what they've learned so far, what changes they are implementing, and how much longer till we see the R1S in bunches...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
It's hard to believe it's already been a month since this guy came off the assembly line. Makes me wonder what they've learned so far, what changes they are implementing, and how much longer till we see the R1S in bunches...
We've already seen one more in a black camo wrap, and I assume it won't be long before we see more. This one already made it to CA...

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
We've already seen one more in a black camo wrap, and I assume it won't be long before we see more. This one already made it to CA...

Hmmm - It must have been a good camo wrap... because I missed it... As far as the one in California I am curious if they drove it or put it or shipped it. A little more than a week ago it was testing in the snow. Probably shipped it since we didn't get any cross country photos along the way... but I guess ya never know.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmmm - It must have been a good camo wrap... because I missed it... As far as the one in California I am curious if they drove it or put it or shipped it. A little more than a week ago it was testing in the snow. Probably shipped it since we didn't get any cross country photos along the way... but I guess ya never know.
Pics attached

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Eutfw5_WYAEWxRF

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Eutfw6CXEAMwqvm
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos EutGzHtWYA4uK-K

Sponsored

Mullypro

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Porsche 911, 2017 Porsche Macan
Occupation
Retired
I have found zero videos or pictures on the third row/cargo space/hatch operations. Can anyone post any? Is the hatch split? If so, in what proportions? Is it electric (duh right?) and with what functions? How do the seats operate for both cargo then back to passengers? How big is the spare tire space under the deck? Is that where the charge cable is or is that in the frunk? Anything?

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I have found zero videos or pictures on the third row/cargo space/hatch operations. Can anyone post any? Is the hatch split? If so, in what proportions? Is it electric (duh right?) and with what functions? How do the seats operate for both cargo then back to passengers? How big is the spare tire space under the deck? Is that where the charge cable is or is that in the frunk? Anything?
All good questions... and there are still no official pictures (or any pictures) of the interior of the R1S with the most recent changes. The hatch still appears to be split and the top half is still electric as far as I know. The tailgate section of the R1S was never electric. As far as how any of it operates - none of those questions have been answered. I think everything behind the B pillar is a complete mystery still. But those details will be available closer to launch... so stay tuned!.....

Sorry I had to say that last part....

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The pics below are of the prototype, and we know things have changed (hopefully for the better).

Hatch design has changed a bit, but it is a split configuration with a small tailgate. I like this design because it will keep things from falling out when you open just the liftgate.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos FB_IMG_1598441133242
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos FB_IMG_1580189331057~2

Mullypro

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@skyote Thank you for all the pics and info! Not sure why I ever thought an all EV would have an electric hatch??. There is no way the littler ones could reach up to close it. Or with full hands, pushing a button would be much easier. Guess we will wait and see. Advantages of not going first?

Mullypro

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
All good questions... and there are still no official pictures (or any pictures) of the interior of the R1S with the most recent changes. The hatch still appears to be split and the top half is still electric as far as I know. The tailgate section of the R1S was never electric. As far as how any of it operates - none of those questions have been answered. I think everything behind the B pillar is a complete mystery still. But those details will be available closer to launch... so stay tuned!.....

Sorry I had to say that last part....
Thank you!

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
It would explain the pain... The guy just wants EVs to be available everywhere. I'll be sure to get the vanity plate: 4 HAROLD
I think you’re on to something there. Poor guy just wants a dealer free experience when buying an electric car, and there is no way I am inferring what I specifically want onto Harold..... ?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@skyote Thank you for all the pics and info! Not sure why I ever thought an all EV would have an electric hatch??. There is no way the littler ones could reach up to close it. Or with full hands, pushing a button would be much easier. Guess we will wait and see. Advantages of not going first?
Liftgate is powered! Tailgate is not (just the bottom portion).
Sponsored