LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I think some of those flat "closeout" panels briefly viewed in recent Drone video (by his cam selfie-stick) may not be production intended. They may be a form of masking to prevent uncontrolled reveal of underbody details. That could explain why a temporary panel with makeshift fasteners could readily come loose.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Underbody panel missing a clip ?
Underbody wind scoop, meant to simulate highway aero conditions when traveling at city street speeds.

:CWL:

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Underbody wind scoop, meant to simulate highway aero conditions when traveling at city street speeds.

:CWL:
Not even close. It's the Ram Air scope that supplies the thrusters with oxygen (Rivian is going to beat Tesla to market with this feature) :rock:

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I am still trying to find a Florida sighting. Rivian started in Florida...how come we don't get any of that LOVE! Come on, Rivian!!!
Agree. They even got the name from this state! This year they are opening 10 experience centers in the country... I hope that one of those is at least in Miami. Maybe one day they'll reach Orlando

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Anyone notice the extended cab vs. crew cab prototype on the left? Perhaps it will have a longer bed.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1614388259242

Sponsored

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

Anyone notice the extended cab vs. crew cab prototype on the left? Perhaps it will have a longer bed.
Not sure about a longer bed. The wheel base looks shorter. If there was a longer bed, I would not expect the wheels to be that close together. Maybe the overseas model?

Dr. Byrd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2001 Mustang GT convertible
Occupation
Professor, consultant, farmer
It may be an optical illusion or distortion in this shot - the same wrap appears at about 3:06 and it looks normal length there.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

A Carbon Dioxide Purification Extractor
It may be an optical illusion or distortion in this shot - the same wrap appears at about 3:06 and it looks normal length there.
The one you are referring to has the 20" ATs and this "extended" cab R1T has the 21" AS...
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1614394518614

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1614394557027

And the vinyl is different....and...that is it...but definitely different...

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos dangler2-

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1614410578570

At least in the pic in question, the right rear window and door (especially noticeable along the bottom) look to be quite a bit narrower from front to back than on any other vehicle or picture I’ve seen to date. As noted previously, the front fender lip also looks to be missing the plastic arch seen on every other Rivian I can recall.

I know it’s early, but perhaps this is a prototype of the R2 series referenced in the MotorTrend article? That door and it’s window are definitely compressed in width. On every other R1T I’ve ever seen, the top of the rear-door window sweeps up from the back before flattening out to horizontal before making a long run to the front of the door. In this picture, that upward sweep looks similar to all others, and then flattens out just before the front edge of the door. The window and door look to be a good foot narrower than that of any R1T I’ve ever seen. These two pics really highlight that difference.
Sponsored

Last edited: