Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
Confirmation of no bed step in the bumper?
CS had confirmed/indicated that to me awhile back. I would have to go find the exact comment from them but paraphrasing it, it was essentially “we’ve designed the truck and bed to be as efficient as possible and there is step access from the gear tunnel doors”. I was actually thinking about that the other day. We had some ice accumulation here in OKC and having the primary/only step method be an area that could also freeze/ice shut seems less than ideal but it seems to be the way forward, at least as of then. We’ll just have to climb up and over with the tires as the step or use the tailgate as a ledge to get in the back in that type of scenario I suppose. Time will tell.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

MW_Riley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1974 Land Cruiser 2000 Land Cruiser 2009 Ducati Sport Classic 1000S 2011Ducati StreetfighterS
Are those Rivian boots? ?
Interesting they removed the labels from the Muck boots and Kinco gloves but not the Patagonia jacket...

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
These were also posted someplace else, except there was also one of the back with the License plate. The number on the license plate was blocked out. I was like, ah we all already seen that number a hundred times!

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
From Insta

148666625_244446997179546_863356040434484802_n.jpg
I think based on this photo we can confirm that the power tailgate has indeed been scrapped. The tether attachment points are clearly not capable of retracting.

Given the mixed information we had been given by CS, I was still holding out hope, but alas.

I thought the powered and 180 degree tailgate features were some of the most unique and coolest things about the Rivian from the LA show.

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I think based on this photo we can confirm that the power tailgate has indeed been scrapped. The tether attachment points are clearly not capable of retracting.
Rivian supposedly has a unique hinge design for the tailgate... It's possible the tethers are just for weight capacity and perhaps the power-design is integrated into the hinge (which would be under that "flap" between the bed and tailgate.

I thought the powered and 180 degree tailgate features were some of the most unique and coolest things about the Rivian from the LA show.
Several other pickups have power tailgates already, and GM has the 180 degree feature (multi-pro tailgate). So I really don't understand why Rivian scrapped these.

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I hear a factory installed dash calculator (with 3M adhesive backing) will be available for $1,300.
I called CS and they said “more details coming”.
Finally! And my teachers used to laugh at me when I said one day we'll be doing math in our cars...
Sponsored