Real Rivian Photos & Videos

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
Just noticed the change to the turn signal between promo footage from almost two years ago and the video released today.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.08.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.13.04 PM.png
Follow up thought, I hope this doesn't eliminate the middle section changing colors and indicating the charge level like originally proposed.
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Considering how often I am reading this forum, my guess is I will spend a proportionate amount of time cleaning my Rivian. My guesstimate is, washing it every three hours, 24 hours a day. That should keep those cameras clean.
Get your dog to do it and livestream the footage:

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Just noticed the change to the turn signal between promo footage from almost two years ago and the video released today.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.08.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.13.04 PM.png
The newer snap from the video seems wrong. I think there is law that says that the turn signal needs to be viewable from the side, Not sure the flashing headlight would be or fulfill the law.
There is also verbiage that the daytime running lights must go out when turn signal is going.
I wonder if they are testing different settings for different countries.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The newer snap from the video seems wrong. I think there is law that says that the turn signal needs to be viewable from the side, Not sure the flashing headlight would be or fulfill the law.
There is also verbiage that the daytime running lights must go out when turn signal is going.
I wonder if they are testing different settings for different countries.
There is a side marker on the fender that probably blinks with the turn signal, which satisfies the side-view requirement.

I believe the law about DRLs and turn signals is more complicated than that. There are other vehicles where the DRL doesn’t turn off when the turn signal goes on. I think the turn signal must simply be distinct. Perhaps there are brightness specs?

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
There is a side marker on the fender that probably blinks with the turn signal, which satisfies the side-view requirement.
I thought that too, but I watched the video for it and did not see it blink. Maybe it was not that bright of a blink.
Guess we need to wait for the Production release to see what we get. :)

Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
The mirror indicator still blinks that probably satisfies the side view requirement.... however, I am not really a fan of the stadium light blinker as I think it seems more difficult to see from a front view.... and as a person that believes in using blinkers to indicate my intentions to other drivers I want them to be as visible as possible.... The tiny brake lights seem odd also.... but I will reserve judgement till I see them in person.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
The mirror indicator still blinks that probably satisfies the side view requirement.... however, I am not really a fan of the stadium light blinker as I think it seems more difficult to see from a front view.... and as a person that believes in using blinkers to indicate my intentions to other drivers I want them to be as visible as possible.... The tiny brake lights seem odd also.... but I will reserve judgement till I see them in person.
Went back and re watched that turn. You are right, the mirror is blinking. Real hard to tell from the angle. That should satisfy the side requirement.
To me, having the side flash up towards the front like the first picture is better because that is where most people expect the flash to happen. The mirror is good because that helps with someone sitting on your side in the blind spot.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Anyone know what’s up with the funky cover on the charging port? Looks almost like textured plastic or something
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos AE6C7436-4719-426A-9ECB-BBC9693FC656

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Anyone know what’s up with the funky cover on the charging port? Looks almost like textured plastic or something
AE6C7436-4719-426A-9ECB-BBC9693FC656.jpeg
I believe that's a pre-production unit that actually has the charging port on the passenger side. The driver side is missing the painted cover.

I believe this same exact vehicle/VIN has appeared in many pictures, before.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I believe that's a pre-production unit that actually has the charging port on the passenger side. The driver side is missing the painted cover.

I believe this same exact vehicle/VIN has appeared in many pictures, before.
That is what the charge port door looks like without the painted panel on. Refer to the crash test video and you'll see. That is also a different truck as the state sticker on the back is Mississippi.
Sponsored

Last edited: