First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Just noticed the change to the turn signal between promo footage from almost two years ago and the video released today.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.08.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.13.04 PM.png
I much prefer this setup. I wonder if its configurable?

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
It looks like they are planning something special to reveal the actual Launch Edition vehicles and show off the Launch Green. Not only are they not posting pictures, but going out of their way to disguise versions that may be on the road testing tells me they have something in the works.
I was thinking this was a matte black wrap... Good gravy I want more details!

Sponsored

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
By the way, my hitting refresh on this forum every two minutes doesn’t appear to cause information — or the vehicle itself — to arrive any sooner... but I will keep testing this.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

By the way, my hitting refresh on this forum every two minutes doesn’t appear to cause information — or the vehicle itself — to arrive any sooner... but I will keep testing this.
FACTS LOL

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Is there any chance that I can talk someone into taking a closeup of these two circled areas the next time someone comes across an R1T in the wild? I am trying to figure out where the rear-facing side cameras are. Thanks in advance!
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 11.42.38 PM

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Is there any chance that I can talk someone into taking a closeup of these two circled areas the next time someone comes across an R1T in the wild? I am trying to figure out where the rear-facing side cameras are. Thanks in advance!
Here is what I was able to find from their latest video:

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.53.33 AM
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.54.58 AM
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.55.39 AM
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.57.23 AM

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Here is what I was able to find from their latest video:

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.53.33 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.55.39 AM.jpg
I am aware of the forward-facing camera on the mirror arm...I was curious about the rear-facing one. It does seem to be that spot you have circled low on the front quarter panel. Just my opinion but that seems like a lens that will constantly need cleaning due to it's proximity to the ground and the front tires...In typing this I have to consider the camera location on my Tesla to the ground and the front tires, but that is an entirely different driving experience. So...

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I am aware of the forward-facing camera on the mirror arm...I was curious about the rear-facing one. It does seem to be that spot you have circled low on the front quarter panel. Just my opinion but that seems like a lens that will constantly need cleaning due to it's proximity to the ground and the front tires...In typing this I have to consider the camera location on my Tesla to the ground and the front tires, but that is an entirely different driving experience. So...
I get what you mean. I just imagine driving in snow, dirt, or rain that the tires would throw it onto that camera.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
I get what you mean. I just imagine driving in snow, dirt, or rain that the tires would throw it onto that camera.
That was my first reaction as well, in the wisconsin climate the quarterpanel space between the wheel well through the door is constantly covered with dirt from the slush and show. As I thought about it I am not sure it is any dirtier than most spots on the lower half of the vehicle. I couldnt come up with an obvious spot for the cameras.

Considering how often I am reading this forum, my guess is I will spend a proportionate amount of time cleaning my Rivian. My guesstimate is, washing it every three hours, 24 hours a day. That should keep those cameras clean.
Sponsored