LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

^^ bummer. I mean if Forest Green can look that deep/dark shade of green in low lighting then how dark / monotone will LG paint be? That FG seems to offer you about every shade of green!

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Yes, Forest Green looks really different in different lighting conditions and it pairs well with Ocean Crest. We haven't seen live Launch Green yet, but it probably won't offer the tonality of FG and it may not pair well with OC. I'm always considering how outside and inside colors pair or don't pair.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

wonder why they are being so "coy" with Launch Green?
seems you'd want to be marketing it to emphasize a vehicle launch is forthcoming...

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
wonder why they are being so "coy" with Launch Green?
seems you'd want to be marketing it to emphasize a vehicle launch is forthcoming...
I would say they are being coy with most colors. Why keep driving vehicles around with wraps at this point?

My best guess is some of these colors are not "perfect" yet, and although they know there will be a launch green, they are still getting the mix and application perfected.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I would say they are being coy with most colors. Why keep driving vehicles around with wraps at this point?
The wraps immediately grab your attention even more so than the otherwise quirky looks of the R1T. I think the wraps are better marketing/publicity than the regular paint would be.

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
The wraps immediately grab your attention even more so than the otherwise quirky looks of the R1T. I think the wraps are better marketing/publicity than the regular paint would be.
I'd be very surprised if they were selectively applying wraps to only some of their pre-production vehicles for marketing reasons, but we'll probably never know.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
410EA84F-84CA-4054-8674-3D3244CBA792.jpeg
208473A7-B98B-4121-87D7-67FB638AEDFC.jpeg
Same one from this weekend...
Charging cover open and tonneau cover closed
Does this reflect a new hinge design for the charge port cover? In they past they have swung out about 90 degrees toward the front in an arc parallel to the ground, regardless of which side of the vehicle they were on. This seems to articulate up and slightly back toward the cab while remaining closer to the body.

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
This could explain why there's not many pics so far:
So an employee just took out a prototype on his vacation? That doesn't make any sense. Hopefully the charging problem was on the charger side and not the R1T side.
Sponsored