Sponsored

Rate Rivian Specific Streaming Services..

• Total voters

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Sure, its always just me. LOL. This is the way...
I've noticed that... Maybe look into how to break a curse?
Sponsored

Taco Corp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I normally use BT, but when I use the onboard options it's always Tidal. The only issue I have constantly is if I'm listening to a track and park the car then come back it will be frozen. The Play controls are grayed out until I pick any other album or song in a playlist. No idea why the resume function doesn't work, it stopped at some point in the last six months and hasn't come back.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Been using Spotify for a long time and it's implemented well in the Rivian. Just make sure you go into the options in the Spotify app in the truck to turn up the streaming quality. The only real complaint I guess I have about their app is that in the truck you can't go to an artist and play only the liked songs like you can in the phone app. Similarly, if you frequently go out of cell service, you'll have problems switching back to your phone via Bluetooth if you don't set it that way before you leave cell coverage. That one is a major annoyance for me since I live near the mountain in Colorado.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE (QM/L), 2024 Zero DSR/X
Occupation
Product Management
I want to like Tidal but the Rivian implementation just lags way behind Spotify. The playlists don't seem to refresh often so all my daily mixes are always the same, and the search interface isn't very good - you can find an artist but tapping the artist name in search just starts an artist playlist, there's no way to drill down to the full discography like you can with Spotify.

I subscribed to Tidal to experiment & get the most out of my R1T's speakers but I'm drifting back to Spotify and will probably cancel Tidal.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I use Tidal because the sound quality is noticeably better than the highest quality Spotify. I thought my hearing sucked, but I can hear a huge difference. Unfortunately, the Tidal UI in the Rivian is pretty lousy, and I mostly hate it. But I deal with it for the better sound. I tried Amazon recently, but I HATE voice-controls and since that's the only option, no... Also whenever I ask it to play an album, it just randomly picks a song from that album and doesn't play from the start, which is rather annoying.

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I have no doubt Tidal is of higher fidelity, if I was listening at home with headphones on. However, over wind and road noise on CA's crappy concrete roads, I don't see the point of paying extra for it (over Spotify).

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have Spotify premium, so I will stick with that when my R1S arrives.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I couldn't find my favorites on Tidal so I went with Spotify. I'm already enough of a customer of Amazon so that wasn't an option. Also, I haven't used Pandora in years so I didn't even consider that one. The interface in the vehicle is adequate for basic things, I often end up picking something I can easily find rather than what I actually want... or switching to bluetooth.

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
We had Tidal when we had our R1T and I really appreciated the sound quality over Spotify and the fact that they pay artists more. That means something to me.

I do wish they had Apple Music though as I use that more at home. I did end up cancelling though ad I sold the Rivian and the speakers in our B&O upgraded system in the Bronco Raptor are just so bad it makes no sense to pay for quality as everything sounds like it’s being played through a wet blanket.

chryses

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

I use Roon for music at home and a result have been using Tidal for a couple of years. I find the Rivian interface for Tidal pretty intuitive and the sound quality more than good enough for driving purposes.

Sponsored

shandel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S FG/FE Adventure 20, Audi e-tron, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

I love Spotify and like the implementation in the R1. It has a few issues that could be improved but generally works well. I tried Tidal and really didn't like the user interface and lack of song selection. If using Spotify, you can change the stream quality to force it to the highest bitrate.

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I'm too cheap to buy a music service. I ready pay for youtube premium and it comes with youtube music. It kind of sucks but hey it works with the Bluetooth.

Steve A.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi Q7, Ford Expedition, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
self-employed code-slinger
Clubs

I would not consider myself the major musicophile, because I've suffered enough hearing damage over the years, where I can't really decipher the difference in sound quality that well. With that said, I love music and have been going to concerts since my first one, a lot of years ago. I will give a hint to my age... I was in 5th grade and saw Red Hot Chili Peppers play on top of a Vision Street Wear skateboard half pipe ramp at the Irivine Brent Center. They weren't that big back then.

With that said, I'm in the middle of switching services, because I just realized we are paying for three different ones at my house. Crazy waste of money, which warrants that I trim the fat a little. With the new Rivian, I've noticed that a few of the services really suck and make my head hurt when trying to play music in the Rivian. Not to mention, the Rivian often goes haywire when my 8 year old yells from the cheap seats at Alexa to play "Don't Speak, by No Doubt"...

We Currently have:
Amazon Music Unlimited - Has a ton of music available and works great at home, but the implimentation in the Rivian is terrible. Can't see playlists and when it does show cover art, it is from some obscure "Summer Hits 2021" album, so I have no clue which album the song came from.

Tidal: I had HI-FI Plus for free for the last two years, as a free add-on to my phone plan. Music quality was pretty good, although I never really used it until we got the Rivian. Has 100,000 million songs, just like Amazon Music. It seems to have the best playlist support in the vehicle and the UI in the Rivian is pretty decent. My subscription just ended, but I can add a HiFi membership for $5.99 a month with a first responder program.

Pandora Premium: I now get this free with my phone plan. Seems like the most clunky out of the three I have/ had. I can use the app and search/ pick songs individually, but if I ask Alexa to do it in the Rivian, it only works like the Free subscription. Also suffers from the obscure cover art.

Spodify: I've never had it, so I can't really compare. This would be the most expensive option for me.

Not trying to start another thread that has already been done, but I did notice that most people talk about streaming services as an all around thing. I'm more concerned how it is implemented in the Rivian. That is wear I spend most of my time staring at playlists and listening to music.
Last I read, no other music service has more content than Spotify. As far as implementation, they all suck compared to Android Auto and Apple Car Play which gives you complete mobile app functionality w/o having to touch your phone.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I'm too cheap to buy a music service. I ready pay for youtube premium and it comes with youtube music. It kind of sucks but hey it works with the Bluetooth.
I disagree.
I love YT Music.

It has everything I listen to. It is really easy to make playlists. It has really good recommendations. The random function actually seems to work well... seriously, I won't use anything else.
Sponsored