Sponsored

Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires

waitinUntil2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Quick update, confirmed that the steelies are rated at 2250 lbs. Should be good enough unless towing something, which I have no plans to do.
Another quick update...wheels arrived and they weigh approximately 36 lbs each, which is 7 lbs lighter than they are listed at on the Road Ready site, sooo yay? I think this puts them at the same weight as the OEM 20" wheels, at least according to this link...

Anyway, appointment this afternoon to have them put on / tested out ...
Sponsored

waitinUntil2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Another quick update...wheels arrived and they weigh approximately 36 lbs each, which is 7 lbs lighter than they are listed at on the Road Ready site, sooo yay? I think this puts them at the same weight as the OEM 20" wheels, at least according to this link...

Sigh, another (not-so-good) update -- RoadReady wheels support was dead wrong about the load capacity of these wheels...it's not 2250 lbs, they are 800kg/1765ish lbs. I looked hard enough and finally found the information stamped on the wheel. This option is not viable. Back to the drawing board.

waitinUntil2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Now I'm checking these out: https://www.trailbuiltoffroad.com/b...model=R1T&drive=AWD&suspension=Air+Suspension

Specs are pretty close to OEMs ... offset is 30mm which seems decent (-18mm from stock). Might still cause issues with lowest ride height on sharp turns or bumps. Maybe just stick to low/standard ride height if these are equipped. Anyone see any issues with the load rating of 2200lbs/wheel (8800 lbs total)? GVWR of the R1T is ~8550 lbs, so there'd be ~300sh lbs of wiggle room. I don't plan on building a massive overlanding rig that is approaching those numbers...

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach

Check these out also, they look very similar.

I have seen a post here with these on an R1T
Fortress W135 | Aluminum Monoblock Truck Wheels | WELD Racing (weldwheels.com)

Also:
Standard Wheels – Method Race Wheels

Last edited:

Sponsored

MozRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Occupation
A Fed
I went with the TPMS247 sensors and am getting zero support from the vender. Should have went with the stock Rivian ones. Anyone use these and is there a trick to programming them? My truck has the the TPMS error light on.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
I went with the TPMS247 sensors and am getting zero support from the vender. Should have went with the stock Rivian ones. Anyone use these and is there a trick to programming them? My truck has the the TPMS error light on.
Mine were installed by my shop and scanned with their tpms scanner and still are not coming on. No response in a couple weeks from tpms247. Let me know if you figure something out.

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach
Now I'm checking these out: https://www.trailbuiltoffroad.com/b...model=R1T&drive=AWD&suspension=Air+Suspension

Specs are pretty close to OEMs ... offset is 30mm which seems decent (-18mm from stock). Might still cause issues with lowest ride height on sharp turns or bumps. Maybe just stick to low/standard ride height if these are equipped. Anyone see any issues with the load rating of 2200lbs/wheel (8800 lbs total)? GVWR of the R1T is ~8550 lbs, so there'd be ~300sh lbs of wiggle room. I don't plan on building a massive overlanding rig that is approaching those numbers...
Did you get the Black Rhino's installed? if so would love to see a pic.

OP
OP

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 volvo xc90, 19 gmc terrain
Occupation
operating engineer
So I have them and they come in and out, they will work for a bit then disappear. TPMS basically ignores all communications or feels like lol

Sponsored

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

Someone gave me a tip about TPMS sensors that might be important, which was to make sure that the original wheels & TPMS sensors are far away (like 25 yards) when the new ones are installed & trying to pair with the vehicle. This makes sense and could be difficult in some situations, such as driving away from the tire shop with the old wheels & tires in the bed of the truck.

If your other set of wheels are stored in the garage next to the truck every day, that could be why some people’s TPMS sensors work intermittently. Maybe the truck gets confused about which set of sensors to pair with when two sets are nearby.

I wanted to purchase the TPMS247 sensors, but had concerns based on their reputation. So I sent an emaIl to the address shown on their website. I got no response, so I gave up on them & ordered the supposedly OEM ones linked above from Amazon. They’re supposed to arrive tomorrow and I’ll get the new wheels & tires installed soon after that, with fingers crossed that the TPMS sensors work.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
These have been great for me. Price of 5 sensors and programming tool is only a little more than through TPMS247 ($243 vs $217) , but they work, and you get to have another tool for your collection. Very easy to use too. Will take less than 10 minutes to program yourself.

Smart Sensor Metal Clamp-In Sensor
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BSR35XJ

Smart Sensor Pro Tool
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L8W2856

waitinUntil2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Unfortunately I don't think these will work either, seems their load capacity is 2200 pounds/wheel, which at first glance seems to check out. But then I read that a good rule of thumb is to take 50% of the heaviest axle rating of the vehicle, and _that_ should be the load capacity/wheel. So, the Rivian R1T has a GAWR rear axle capacity of 4960 pounds, so 4960/2 = 2480 pounds. The Raceline Scouts are rated for 2500 pounds / wheel so they should be good. However, the Black Rhinos are a bit under that at 2200 pounds / wheel, so I'm just not comfortable going that low.

sources: https://www.performanceplustire.com...d is determined,requirement would be 1500 lbs.
and: https://www.tsw.com/explore-tsw-custom-wheels/wheel-load-rating.php

Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires 1676576195336

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na

Sprout

First Name
Dan