Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

how'd you get them so much cheaper than on the Rivian website? is it wheels only (no tires)?
Rivian sold me bare 20" Bright wheels for $625 each at my local service center. They were willing to sell any number. I bought all four they had in stock. I'll go back and buy a fifth as spare in the Spring when I add tires to them.
Sponsored

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Any efficiency numbers you can share with that many miles on the setup?
Depending on the weather, I’m seeing very similar numbers to the trucks that are factory equipped with the Perelli scorpion tires. I was averaging around 2.3 mi./kW but now that winter has set in it has averaged down to 2.0 mi./kW This picture is my total average across 5600 miles with this set up.
Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires A87B412F-D78D-4238-BF02-8386CD1A5B06

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
My dodge rims with Falken wildpeak A/TW3 tires were just delivered today. Excited to actually have some snow tires on this rig.
just got these on today and they look great. Very happy with this set up.

Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires 083F2CAB-D98B-4316-A3EB-E8CE58744BD8

Sponsored

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
i didnt even know that was an option but sounds like you need to ask through the Rivian SC and not the guide/CS?
Yes that worked for me and a couple others, but many others have tried and failed, so there doesn't seem to a lot of consistency

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I posted this question on the related thread at RivianStories but was curious for feedback here as well:
Following up on my own post, I was thinking about maybe using loctite retaining compound between the ring and the Ram wheel to help keep it attached to the wheel when removing it. I don’t plan on an on ever using these wheels on another vehicle so I don’t mind permanently attaching the spacer to the wheel. Good idea or bad idea? The goal is to avoid getting the ring stuck onto the hub when changing out the wheels.

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Following up on my own post, I was thinking about maybe using loctite retaining compound between the ring and the Ram wheel to help keep it attached to the wheel when removing it. I don’t plan on an on ever using these wheels on another vehicle so I don’t mind permanently attaching the spacer to the wheel. Good idea or bad idea? The goal is to avoid getting the ring stuck onto the hub when changing out the wheels.
Alternately could you put some anti-seize on the inside of the ring where it contacts the hub?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

If I mount them myself I will do both. My concern is if the tire shop does it:

• When mounting the winter wheels, one or more HCR’s fall off the wheel before tech notices & mounts some wheel(s) without them, because it’s not his truck
  • When swapping back to 3-season wheels, one or more HCRs gets stuck on the hub:
    • Tire tech notices, F’s up the hub and/or HCR trying to get it off
    • Tire tech doesn’t notice, jams the OEM wheel on top of the hub & HCR. F’s up the hub & OEM wheel. Bonus: lug nuts don’t go into the hub enough & wheel falls off sometime down the road (I see what I did there).
I am a glass half-empty person.

Sponsored

sandsk8erz400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Finally got my Dodge 2363 wheels w/ the 275/60r20 Falken Wildpeak AT3W mounted, mostly for dirt/sand but making a trip up to the snow this weekend. For me the TPMS took 9 miles before they finally sync'd up, seemed like it was quicker for most the others I read about, so just throwing that out there.

Roads will probably be plowed by now so I don't expect to see much snow, but I'll report back mid next week how we look on efficiency. If I recall correctly these are about 20 lbs heaver per corner then the OEM 21" setup so I expect a bit of a hit versus the 2.5 mi/kWh I've seen since I got the truck 2 months ago.

Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires truck

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
@iKnowKenMeadows So I just fit up a set of these today: 950B Gauge – Raceline Wheels PN 950B-29055+18 and can 100% confirm they fit with plenty of caliper clearance, and at $330/ea they're not a terrible price. I'm looking at oversize tires so can't comment on any tire fitment issues in the specific sizes you're looking at, but it's a start.

1669767546897.png

OEM head on
1669767731333.png

Racelines head on (~1/2 in farther outboard)
1669767762559.png

Hope this helps, I'll update when some tires get thrown on there.
These look amazing! What has your experience been with these so far?

sandsk8erz400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Finally got my Dodge 2363 wheels w/ the 275/60r20 Falken Wildpeak AT3W mounted, mostly for dirt/sand but making a trip up to the snow this weekend. For me the TPMS took 9 miles before they finally sync'd up, seemed like it was quicker for most the others I read about, so just throwing that out there.

Roads will probably be plowed by now so I don't expect to see much snow, but I'll report back mid next week how we look on efficiency. If I recall correctly these are about 20 lbs heaver per corner then the OEM 21" setup so I expect a bit of a hit versus the 2.5 mi/kWh I've seen since I got the truck 2 months ago.

truck.jpg
Not too bad overall, about a 20% hit compared to the stock 21's for me. Had some traffic here and there, cruise set at 65-70 mph where traffic flowed, and drove around the park some so that probably helped the efficiency numbers. Roads were all plowed so didn't actually get to test them in the snow.
Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires 20 Tires

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Not too bad overall, about a 20% hit compared to the stock 21's for me. Had some traffic here and there, cruise set at 65-70 mph where traffic flowed, and drove around the park some so that probably helped the efficiency numbers. Roads were all plowed so didn't actually get to test them in the snow.
20 Tires.jpg
That's pretty good. I'm seeing 1.4 in the cold northeast since putting on this same set up about a month ago (was 2.1 avg before that with delivery in late august). Mostly just commute to work with no long trips with conserve mode on yet so could be better I am sure.

waitinUntil2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
@iKnowKenMeadows So I just fit up a set of these today: 950B Gauge – Raceline Wheels PN 950B-29055+18 and can 100% confirm they fit with plenty of caliper clearance, and at $330/ea they're not a terrible price. I'm looking at oversize tires so can't comment on any tire fitment issues in the specific sizes you're looking at, but it's a start.

1669767546897.png

OEM head on
1669767731333.png

Racelines head on (~1/2 in farther outboard)
1669767762559.png

Hope this helps, I'll update when some tires get thrown on there.
I'm also looking at going the Raceline route via DiscountTire...specifically looking at the Scout: https://racelinewheels.com/products/947-scout?_pos=1&_sid=99bba5b93&_ss=r

Please upload more pics once you decide on a tire! Also, anyone here recommend the cooper discoverer atp 2? They seem to have good reviews for the price...
Sponsored