Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
But do their chargers work. Been reading how unreliable many of them have been as of late. We need vast AND reliable infrastructure
Anhhh the beauty of the Tesla Supercharging Network.
Sponsored

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
If I saw correctly, it's located close to Love Field and across the street from an Amazon Fulfillment Center. I was close by Wednesday, at Big Shucks, east on Mockingbird. Hopefully I can get by occasionally too.
Yep! Right next to the Amazon center there. They won’t have to take their delivery vans very far if they’re also serviced at the same location. About 30 yards across the street lol.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
This is really getting off topic but is tangentially-related to all of these discussions about network coverage: I really hope Rivian is able to integrate good functionality for route planning and finding charging stations from all main networks. Unified payment would, of course, be amazing as well, but that's maybe a trickier question.

As for route planning, there will be some tricky balances between prioritizing their network vs. other options that might be faster for the route entered. I think it's reasonable for route-planning algorithms to be a little more restricted as far as what stations it will even consider. Maybe something with a touch of priority to their network because they'll have more data on speed and availability of pedestals? (Side question: Do the other networks like EVGo and EA have any way for a car to get real-time data on whether a station is available or not?)

However... at a minimum they should have all of the major charging networks in the POI database for their map system so you can find a station when you want one, regardless of network. Or maybe just some sort of Plugshare app that defaults to public stations with either J1772 or CCS and allows some additional filtering by speed. That way you could at least pull up stations in a specific area you need.
Turns out a partial answer to this question was in the "Rivian Charging" story that was the first info we got about the RAN and waypoints:

On the road, our in-vehicle navigation automatically routes you through any needed charging stops, prioritizing Rivian chargers as well as DC fast chargers from CCS partner networks. Simply enter your destination, our maps will plan charging for you.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
Found a handful of new sites (with addresses and all) down in Texas via TDLR, if you want to add them on your map.

EVCS (RAN)

1821 S. Valley Mills Dr Waco, TX 76711
6055 South Fwy Houston, TX 77004
2181 Milam St Columbus, TX 78934

New Stores and Service Centers

2512 Hawes Ave Dallas, TX 75235
622 Morrow Street Austin, TX 78752

I usually search for Tesla Supercharger permits and I happened to scroll by a few Rivian stations. Due to Rivian's lack of transparency on their charging network (quite like Tesla), I'll let you guys know when I find some permits.

More to the point of the (possibly crowdsourced?) RAN map, I'm also an editor for supercharge.info, and we generally update locations based on work status. I'm curious if you would be interested in marking the stations based on different stages of development or simply mark the known location?
The Dallas location is 3-5 minutes from home!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Could be a good place to dump all of the location data I have built up, except their filters really need to allow searches. Something basic like filtering for a specific network requires a significant amount of scrolling unless it's early in the alphabet. The filters also aren't smart. If I pick Country = United States (after lots of scrolling), the network operator filter isn't limited to just those networks within the US. Disappointing! Still a potentially useful site. It looks like they do have an API for pulling data, so maybe I can use them instead of the NREL site that hasn't worked the last few times I tried to get data on EVGo.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

TeamEV

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T (one day)
@TeamEV what type of permit details or additional info do you have on the Austin site above?
All details are available by searching Rivian on TDLR

Here's another charging station coming to El Paso

750 Sunland Park Dr El Paso, TX 79912

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
All details are available by searching Rivian on TDLR

Here's another charging station coming to El Paso

750 Sunland Park Dr El Paso, TX 79912
This is a gold mine, thank you!

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer