OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Just made this EXTREMELY exciting update to the map:

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 1.25.32 PM

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 1.24.56 PM
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Greenwater

First Name
Green
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Occupation
software engineer
Thanks for keeping this up to date! The Washington State ones look like they are mostly copying where tesla superchargers are. I want them off road much more. We don't need another charger in leavenworth, ritzville, Bellevue, Chelan, Ellensburg. We need RAN stations where there isn't other charging. Looks to me like in WA they are just focusing on most common spots that people drive. Nothing at Crystal or Snoq pass, White Pass (there was Packwood).. The ones on the olympic peninsula are useful though. I remain a skeptic until they put them in useful places that aren't cities with existing charging infra.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Thanks for keeping this up to date! The Washington State ones look like they are mostly copying where tesla superchargers are. I want them off road much more. We don't need another charger in leavenworth, ritzville, Bellevue, Chelan, Ellensburg. We need RAN stations where there isn't other charging. Looks to me like in WA they are just focusing on most common spots that people drive. Nothing at Crystal or Snoq pass, White Pass (there was Packwood).. The ones on the olympic peninsula are useful though. I remain a skeptic until they put them in useful places that aren't cities with existing charging infra.
I completely hear you. The vast majority of the stations are along major interstates and US highways. There are a few outside of that. I suspect a lot of their focus for now is really more on quality of service with DCFC rather than expanding the DCFC footprint too much. That's to say they want to make sure Rivian owners are happy with the EV experience and don't constantly run into problems with EA/EVGo/etc. chargers that Rivian can't control. I will be surprised if a decade from now we don't see a lot more "specialty" stations up and running. In the short term though, remote areas are much more likely to be covered by L2 Waypoints at trailheads, visitor centers, etc.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Keep in mind that RAN is generally there facilitate traveling to those locations. I'd expect them to install a bunch of waypoint chargers at trailheads or ski resorts where you're likely sitting around for 2+ hours. They're also limited by utility infrastructure in many areas.

I totally agree getting a RAN in near Packwood or Ashford would be great, just like getting the charger up on highway 20 that they have planned would be nice.

At this point though, I just want to actually get these out and available. Given the congestion that I'm seeing at EA (and stations going down), putting them where they'll be used the most seems like a pretty important first step.

jmarx34

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Traverse
Just came across this forum, and while I didn't read every thread, I couldn't find anything referencing the Service Center in Rockville, MD and it wasn't on the map.
Address is: 1300 Rockville Pike Rockville, Maryland
From what I'm told, it's fully open now, and servicing DC, MD, and Northern VA.
Love this tool and thanks for whoever has been maintaining it! I'm still months out (hopefully only months) from my R1S, but love seeing the networks that Rivian owners/fans have created like this!

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Does anyone have eyes on the RAN charger in Pooler, GA/Savannah?

Traveling end of July and I’m hoping against hope it’ll be operational by then.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Does anyone have eyes on the RAN charger in Pooler, GA/Savannah?

Traveling end of July and I’m hoping against hope it’ll be operational by then.
Why the RAN one in particular? There is an EA station and a few other options in the area already.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Why the RAN one in particular? There is an EA station and a few other options in the area already.
Really, just curious on my part.

Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Really, just curious on my part.
Gotcha. I would be as well but looks like it will be a while before I ever see an actual RAN fast charger. The proposed one in Tupelo MS would be a godsend for some of our travels. As would one in Port St Joe or Apalachicola, FL 🙏:cool:

paco180

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Because EA is so unreliable, 50/50 that it would be working.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Because EA is so unreliable, 50/50 that it would be working.
That hasn't been my experience in the Southeast with the newer EA chargers. Probably cursing myself but I have never had a problem with EA.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Anyone done charging at RAN stations to test reliability, curve????