Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Are there operational RAN DC chargers at service centers now?
I doubt they have RAN chargers at service centers. Has Rivian said explicitly that they will? Employees moving and charging cars doesn't seem to mix well with customers. I was in a Rivian lot last week and was in the way of am employee loading a R1T onto a flatbed. There were only the two of us in the lot.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
That would be awesome. I just want a first one open. I appreciate all that work that went into the google maps one that shows all the future ones. I somehow want a different map layer that only shows open RAN stations (of which there are 0).
My current thinking is that I will just just tag the locations' status as "Open" in the "known address" layer, and have a green lightning bolt icon for those map points so there would be three icons: blue square for permit or unknown, red wrench for under construction, and green lightning for open.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I doubt they have RAN chargers at service centers. Has Rivian said explicitly that they will? Employees moving and charging cars doesn't seem to mix well with customers. I was in a Rivian lot last week and was in the way of am employee loading a R1T onto a flatbed. There were only the two of us in the lot.
I would guess most service centers will be fine with an abundance of l2 chargers.

Greenwater

First Name
Green
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Occupation
software engineer
My current thinking is that I will just just tag the locations' status as "Open" in the "known address" layer, and have a green lightning bolt icon for those map points so there would be three icons: blue square for permit or unknown, red wrench for under construction, and green lightning for open.
That sounds good. When I look at the giant map of hopes and dreams of future RAN chargers, I just want to see the very few real chargers. Since there aren't any operating afaict, I'd like a smaller map with the few finished RAN (like the Colorado RAN charger that isn't in service for some reason), with any in current construction included. That would be a comprehensible number, with the Waypoint chargers too.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Are there operational RAN DC chargers at service centers now?
I would guess most service centers will be fine with an abundance of l2 chargers.
Not operational, but the Bellevue charger permit is at the SC.

Sponsored

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve been limiting my efforts to the Rivian Adventure Network DC fast chargers and not including the Rivian Waypoints AC chargers. Their plans for the Waypoints network is an order of magnitude more stations than the RAN. They’ll be much harder to keep up with because of their numbers but also because they’ll get less attention.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I’ve been limiting my efforts to the Rivian Adventure Network DC fast chargers and not including the Rivian Waypoints AC chargers. Their plans for the Waypoints network is an order of magnitude more stations than the RAN. They’ll be much harder to keep up with because of their numbers but also because they’ll get less attention.
That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
InyoKern, CA...

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 1654202896219

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those who don't know Georgia, that location in Pooler is along I-95 just one exit north of I-16 (which connects Savannah to Macon and then up I-75 to Atlanta). That's a good sign for the SE that they're already under construction at a site in SE Georgia. If they're spending on construction at that one, surely they're making progress toward others around it.

I now definitely expect to see some evidence of movement on stations along I-95 and I-75 in Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina in the near future.

They aren't planning a station along I-16 between Savannah and Macon. So far only Tesla has put a higher rate DCFC on I-16.
Sponsored

Last edited: