OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Baton Rouge, LA

As always, thanks! Site added to the Google Map.

Any chance you can pull some magic and find sites in North GA, East TN, and Western NC? heheh

I'm teasing, but if you (or anyone else) actually want to dig there, the 4 planned areas I'm most interested in are:

1) Gatlinburg, TN; could also potentially be located in Pigeon Forge or elsewhere in Sevier County
2) Cherokee, NC; could also be in Bryson City, Qualla, Dillsboro, Sylva, or an unincorporated area nearby
3) Robbinsville, NC; could also be in unincorporated part of the Graham County. My dream would be for it to be located at Nantahala Outdoor Center, but I'll bet it will be in Robbinsville proper
4) Boone/Blowing Rock, NC; could also be in unincorporated Watauga or Caldwell County

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Finally some movement (electrical approval) on the RAN station in Madras (see linked document). Likely a result of this:
Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps Rivian Expiration Notice

Attachments

Sponsored

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Newburgh, NY

No towing-specific charger at this site, but I'll bet you could get away with pulling in perpendicular with the truck and trailer in front of the electrical cabinets and charge off the first pedestal on the left. Maybe not for a particularly long trailer, but those are going to be a problem even with many of the dedicated pull-through towing spots.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Anyone else seeing the RAN locations from the map that @Autolycus created showing up in their Google Maps application? The locations show up on my tablet but not on my phone or desktop. Both tablet and phone are running version 11.30.3. On my desktop I'm using Firefox 100.0.2

In the case of both the phone and tablet, Maps shows that I am logged in under my Google account. I am also logged in under my Google account with the browser.

Only those locations that are "Rivian svc or sale center" or "RAN w/ known address" are shown.

I was surprised when I saw that, for sure!

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone else seeing the RAN locations from the map that @Autolycus created showing up in their Google Maps application? The locations show up on my tablet but not on my phone or desktop. Both tablet and phone are running version 11.30.3. On my desktop I'm using Firefox 100.0.2

In the case of both the phone and tablet, Maps shows that I am logged in under my Google account. I am also logged in under my Google account with the browser.

Only those locations that are "Rivian svc or sale center" or "RAN w/ known address" are shown.

I was surprised when I saw that, for sure!
yeah, Google tries very hard to be convenient, sometimes at the expense of confusion. Any shared document you open while logged in will keep showing up for a while. In this case, the map is created as a form of Google Drive document. You've essentially opened a set of map layers within "your places" or "your maps", which you should be able to navigate away from.

The mobile/tablet apps don't tend to retain the latest "My Maps" or "My Places" the same way as the browser version of maps.

As a side note, the way the mobile/tablet apps handle the Google Drive map document is actually a giant pain for me when I'm trying to add or edit locations! It's much harder for me to deal with through the apps than through a browser.

Sponsored

Greenwater

First Name
Green
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Occupation
software engineer
Colorado sun reports that the Salida RAN station will open in June. Will this be our first DCFC RAN charger outside a service center? Let’s go!
That would be awesome. I just want a first one open. I appreciate all that work that went into the google maps one that shows all the future ones. I somehow want a different map layer that only shows open RAN stations (of which there are 0).

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Colorado sun reports that the Salida RAN station will open in June. Will this be our first DCFC RAN charger outside a service center? Let’s go!
Are there operational RAN DC chargers at service centers now?

COTrails

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE (GW, FE, 21"), Audi A4
Occupation
Engineer
Are there operational RAN DC chargers at service centers now?
I don't happen to know what they're hiding in the service centers. If they do have DCFC, it doesn't appear to be a public-facing capability.
Sponsored