OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
1634170155141.png

5 standard, 1 for trailer use (not pull through)
Weird, I wonder why the description of the project says 2 stalls when there are clearly 6!
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Weird, I wonder why the description of the project says 2 stalls when there are clearly 6!
I has 6 dispensers running from 2 cabinets so there are 6 spaces, one of the 6 will have room for a trailer.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 1634171082714

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
FWIW last weekend I did a quick drive-by look en route to our Cabin in NE Washington State. Kept our eyes peeled near Rockport along Hwy20 and where it meets Hwy97 near city of Okanogan. Didn't see anything super obvious.

Also just checked https://secure.lni.wa.gov/epispub/frmPermitSearchMain.aspx for Rivian and got a goose egg. Though I don't totally trust the search engine of the page being super accurate -

I searched in Leavenworth and found the recent Albertsons Safeway addition of the EA Station completed in June. Then I used the main search for either Albertsons and/or Safeway (as Safeway had a few other electrical permits for regular store operations listed) and zero results showed up.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 8.12.16 AM

Ideas?!?

FWIW - There are a few Cities that overtake the State for local permitting of this kind, my city being one of them, but none of them seem to match where the RAN Map roughly places the marker. Which is why I figured searching all counties then narrowing by city would at least be somewhat efficient. Might have to bite the bullet and manually text search each of the pages for the word "charging" which is how I found the EA stations for Leavenworth.

Update - tried searching Whatcom County's 5300+ records using that method and the text "charg" found three home chargers about 60 pages @ twenty listings per page I tapped out.. yeah there's gotta be a way to search the 'Description' field though other means. Hmmm......

I could not find a place on wa.gov site similar to Oregon that would list Construction permits. Maybe that's a better route, just don't know where to look.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
FWIW last weekend I did a quick drive-by look en route to our Cabin in NE Washington State. Kept our eyes peeled near Rockport along Hwy20 and where it meets Hwy97 near city of Okanogan. Didn't see anything super obvious.

Also just checked https://secure.lni.wa.gov/epispub/frmPermitSearchMain.aspx for Rivian and got a goose egg. Though I don't totally trust the search engine of the page being super accurate -

I searched in Leavenworth and found the recent Albertsons Safeway addition of the EA Station completed in June. Then I used the main search for either Albertsons and/or Safeway (as Safeway had a few other electrical permits for regular store operations listed) and zero results showed up.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 8.12.16 AM.png

Ideas?!?

FWIW - There are a few Cities that overtake the State for local permitting of this kind, my city being one of them, but none of them seem to match where the RAN Map roughly places the marker. Which is why I figured searching all counties then narrowing by city would at least be somewhat efficient. Might have to bite the bullet and manually text search each of the pages for the word "charging" which is how I found the EA stations for Leavenworth.

Update - tried searching Whatcom County's 5300+ records using that method and the text "charg" found three home chargers about 60 pages @ twenty listings per page I tapped out.. yeah there's gotta be a way to search the 'Description' page though other means. Hmmm......

I could not find a place on wa.gov site similar to Oregon that would list Construction permits. Maybe that's a better route, just don't know where to look.
Unfortunately this is a highly local topic. Georgia doesn't have any state-wide permit systems for something like this. Sometimes it's a city that handles permitting, sometimes it's a county--and it's not just counties doing it in unincorporated areas. Some counties handle the processes even for incorporated cities within their county. It's particularly frustrating because there are 159 counties in Georgia (2nd most to Texas), with at least 10 counties considered part of the metro-Atlanta region. And that's not to mention the dozens of cities across the state. There are literally dozens in the metro-Atlanta region. It's a completely ridiculous system, but it works ok for most of the people involved in the process, I guess?

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Unfortunately this is a highly local topic. Georgia doesn't have any state-wide permit systems for something like this. Sometimes it's a city that handles permitting, sometimes it's a county--and it's not just counties doing it in unincorporated areas. Some counties handle the processes even for incorporated cities within their county. It's particularly frustrating because there are 159 counties in Georgia (2nd most to Texas), with at least 10 counties considered part of the metro-Atlanta region. And that's not to mention the dozens of cities across the state. There are literally dozens in the metro-Atlanta region. It's a completely ridiculous system, but it works ok for most of the people involved in the process, I guess?
Right could not agree more! It's definitely needle in a haystack scenario. ?

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
L&I should have jurisdiction for electrical permits in most of the places in WA a RAN charger would go. But Rivian is not likely to be its own electrical contractor, and it also seems unlikely they would be the property owner -- I'd suspect them to lease space for this. So while it's worth watching the L&I database, just searching by "Rivian" may not match.

Baddad

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
retired
from the makers of Gas buddy is Plug Share for EVs great app.

Sponsored

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Project Name: Rivian Automotive EVCS
Project Number: TABS2022004615
Facility Name: Woodys SmokehouseLocation
Address: 250 E. Frontage Rd. N.Centerville, TX 75833
Location County: Leon
Nice this is a regular pit stop for me when I go to Dallas.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

This is fantastic work by people on here piecing this together. However Rivian should be like Lucid who clearly show the 20 facilities they have now and by end of 2021. Rivian could easily give a list of cities (not addresses) with a Spring, Summer or Fall 2022 estimated date For service centers and hubs. I am curious if Philadelphia will have one. I am in the suburbs and having a showroom in King of Prussia mall (largest in the US and has Tesla, Apple etc) would enable them to cover five million people (Philadelphia, the suburbs, some of Delaware and southern New Jersey within an hour) easily and cheaply. They need to do better communicating where these facilities will be both for new orders but also existing order holders so they can have more confidence.

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs