iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Or dimensions. If it’s over 220” (it will be) it won’t fit in my garage
Do what my neighbour did after his SUV didn't fit his garage-bought a new house! He's moving as we speak.
Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
This is a slam dunk for Ram. Most of you are not their market. I love my Rivian so far, but if I could have my current Ram Rebel with all the EV benefits I know my wife and kids would pick it for the room no question. Ram current full size is by far the best on market, spent over 6 months testing them all before making plunge as never liked the Chrysler family of products before.

Most current full size owners don't want something radically different. I agree for many of us disappointing after seeing the concept but that would not sell well for their base.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

This is such a let down between the (very recent) concept and what will be produced. And the thing is that they knew what the production truck would look like and still hyped the concept vehicle, knowing the production vehicle would be a warmed over Ram 1500.

I was all in on the concept Rev (even if they had only kept 50% of the Concept’s looks/features). Total pass on what they will actually be producing. They totally suckered me for $100.
I completely agree with everything you said. What an egregious bait and switch.

This truck already looks outdated. Give me my $100 back, please.

Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Kinda cool, but doesn’t really go with my granola loving vibe.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
If you recently reserved, let me know your reservation number. I'm curious what they are up do. I Was on the mailing list they blasted out to 24 hours before the general population and I was CNC05xx

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Rivian's communications certainly leave a lot of room for improvement, but let's stop and look at the epic self own Ram accomplished here: They spent a year posting cryptic spy shots of lights and silhouettes of a concept truck. Then finally showed the actual concept truck and hyped all of it's features, but only a month later release the "production version" which looks pretty much exactly like the Ram the concept is supposed to replace, with no details or specs, btw.

Yes, the platform underneath is brand new, but I'm not sure what type of reception they were expecting for this. Had they just shown everyone the concept truck a year ago this would not have been such a let down for everyone who was excited for it.

They will still sell a bunch of these so it likely won't matter, but I just wanted to plant a flag in this because we are all very critical of Rivian's communications. None of these companies seem to get this stuff right.

notdeadyet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4 Prime
If you recently reserved, let me know your reservation number. I'm curious what they are up do. I Was on the mailing list they blasted out to 24 hours before the general population and I was CNC05xx
I reserved Friday mid-day and am in the 6900's.

notdeadyet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4 Prime
That is one ugly interior. That's a lot of buttons.
This highlights how Ram is going after a different demographic. The lack of buttons on the Rivian is a turn-off for many of us, not a feature. Lots of folks like hitting a couple of buttons and not taking their eyes off the road to make common changes, not interface with a touch screen.

This is good news. The market is diverse enough that there can be different EV trucks for different people.

Sponsored

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
My wife (super surprised about that) and I were on board 100% for the concept then they put out this... I will pass... I don't even want to show my wife and ruin her day haha...

notdeadyet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4 Prime
Thank you. I received the e-mail friday 11:38am, and reserved 11:46AM.
From reading the RAM thread, the numbers don't correspond in line. The letters appear to be random (likely to have 26-possibilities for the leading two), as do the numbers following. The numbers don't appear to correspond with place in line per the folks posting there based in times.

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

See all the 2025 Ram 1500 REV photos and info at:
https://www.ram1500revolutionforum....ctric-truck-revealed-in-production-form.6509/

Anyone else get the email? Same story as GM, put down $100 refundable deposit for your place in line, deliveries start in late 2024.

Admin addendum:
If you've placed a deposit on the Ram 1500 REV, please chime in at sister-site:

https://www.ram1500revolutionforum....n-the-ram-1500-rev-already-sign-in-here.6507/ đź‘Ť

(Click image for full gallery)

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 6.02.07 AM.jpg

Updated with today's Super Bowl ad for the Ram 1500 REV:

Wow…another super cool concept watered down to just be another boring truck!

From what is now shown as the “production” model vs “concept” its night and day…front looks much more pedestrian, interior looks like current model truck, cool tailgate? Where’s that? Ram box rear fenders….missing! I feel bait and switched…was so looking forward to this thing….

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
Honestly, after seeing the Revolution concept, this is a disappointment.

Looks to me like RAM is taking a page out of Ford’s playbook and adapting the existing RAM platform to be an EV. There’s nothing wrong with that but it’s doesn’t look like it’ll have any of the innovations that made the concept so interesting. No midgate, no passthrough for long objects, etc., etc..

Pass,,,, for now.
100% agree! The biggest thing with "playing it safe" and keeping it looking close to current truck (Ford did it) is manufacturing savings. I'm all about paying for innovation but will absolutely not reward blatant cases of cost savings by any manufacturer
Sponsored