Sponsored

Radar Detector hard wire, who has done it?

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I think yellow is constant, i know red is accessory
I just don't understand why It is staying on if it is accessory.
Sponsored

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Have you updated to the newest Rivian software?
I have. And the first time I even got to test was with the update.

litng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

You may have to mess with the camp mode. I just got my update today

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have been checking occasionally on the detector. I left it in there and 2 hours later I went in and the detector was on. I also turned off the detector and when I went back to check later it was on. I can’t seem to get it to shit off unless I unplug it. Does anybody have a confirmation on what the yellow wire is? It seems that my red is constant on and not accessory.

Sponsored

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
I have been checking occasionally on the detector. I left it in there and 2 hours later I went in and the detector was on. I also turned off the detector and when I went back to check later it was on. I can’t seem to get it to shit off unless I unplug it. Does anybody have a confirmation on what the yellow wire is? It seems that my red is constant on and not accessory.
It seems to take a long time to shut off, and I had been checking mine also thinking it never shut off, but it does (on mine at least).

Try this:
  1. Turn off gear-guard.
  2. Park your car for the night, lock it.
  3. Walk up to it the next morning, making sure you DO NOT have your phone with you. Leave the fob and cards behind as well just to be sure.
  4. Peak inside and see if the radar detector light is on...

If you have your phone with you, it will wake up the Rivian and turn on the detector.

If you have gear guard on, it will wake up the Rivian when you walk up to it and turn on the detector (this is speculation, but seems to be the case).

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I was thinking about this too. The gear guard is causing the radar to turn back on. I think I am going to run a voltage test on the wires and find out what yellow is for sure and try to find one true auxiliary

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ok so testing voltage I got 12v on the red and 8.33v on the yellow. I cannot figure out how to have the vehicle turn off while I am in it to test the voltage. As soon as it registers weight in the passenger seat the screens and everything power up. I guess if I could have somebody lock it and I am on the center console it could work. Or maybe there is an easier way that I haven’t figured out…

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ok update as follows. I turned off gear guard and it seems the radar detector turns off. Perhaps it does turn off it just kicks back on when gear guard comes on when approaching with or without a key. Still more testing I guess

bdavis171

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Exactly how mine works too.

Sponsored

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ok all just an update in case anyone runs into this problem. I turned gear guard off to do the testing. I then turned gear guard back on after the testing. I noticed my radar detector was not shutting off when the vehicle locked. I also noted that my gear guard stopped recording anything. I was not understanding this, but after multiple days of testing and similar findings I finally called customer service, who advised me to reboot the computer. Reboot by being in park, holding the hazard and the left thumb button (next to the scroller on the steering wheel that controls the left mirror or rewinds your music back) for 15 seconds. I did that and then gear guard was working again and my radar shuts off like it is supposed to when the vehicle locks and lights go out. Hope this helps somebody. Something must have glitches when toggling gear guard. It may have also fixed my rogue vent adjustments.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Ok all just an update in case anyone runs into this problem. I turned gear guard off to do the testing. I then turned gear guard back on after the testing. I noticed my radar detector was not shutting off when the vehicle locked. I also noted that my gear guard stopped recording anything. I was not understanding this, but after multiple days of testing and similar findings I finally called customer service, who advised me to reboot the computer. Reboot by being in park, holding the hazard and the left thumb button (next to the scroller on the steering wheel that controls the left mirror or rewinds your music back) for 15 seconds. I did that and then gear guard was working again and my radar shuts off like it is supposed to when the vehicle locks and lights go out. Hope this helps somebody. Something must have glitches when toggling gear guard. It may have also fixed my rogue vent adjustments.
Good to know. Thanks for all the testing you did!

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Mine works but I haven’t checked to see if it actually powers down that circuit. I have my detector set to power down if not in motion. I’ll check to see if the M1 DashCam shuts down next time I get a chance.

I also ditched the suction cup mount after it failed(first time that has happened to me with this style). I took a dremel to the mount. I cut a couple of slots in the plastic shroud and was able to pass the mount through the slots. The end result looks great. My only issue that I need to fix is that I now have a rattle coming from inside the shroud.

Rivian R1T R1S Radar Detector hard wire, who has done it? 25958195-1997-4889-9533-443E6A7DDD73
Sponsored