Sponsored

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
I made a dump run today & decided to continue south to stalk the the service center(inspired by the Bellevue SC stalkers). I have to admit that this wasn't my first drive by. Today, there was WAY more activity there/cars in the lot. New today were a bunch of cones in the lots (to line up new R1T's for delivery)? There were 4 flatbed trucks. And there were 2 R1T's in the service bay & 1 pulling into the parking lot. Sorry for the horrible photos.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T's spotted at South San Francisco Service Center Rivian South San Francisco Service Center

Rivian R1T R1S R1T's spotted at South San Francisco Service Center Rivian South San Francisco Service Center

Rivian R1T R1S R1T's spotted at South San Francisco Service Center UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_595f

Rivian R1T R1S R1T's spotted at South San Francisco Service Center UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5961
Sponsored

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Between this and Bellevue, something is up... doesn't seem like first mile stuff.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
ONE! One Rivian! Ah Ah..

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

This sounds like weather forecasting in the Rockies. Snow today. Forecasters got it right.

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I made a dump run today & decided to continue south to stalk the the service (inspired by the Bellevue SC stalkers). I have to admit that this wasn't my first drive by. Today, there was WAY more activity there/cars in the lot. New today were a bunch of cones in the lots (to line up new R1T's for delivery)? There were 4 flatbed trucks. And there were 2 R1T's in the service bay & 1 pulling into the parking lot. Sorry for the horrible photos.

Rivian South San Francisco Service Center.jpg

Rivian South San Francisco Service Center.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_595f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5961.jpg
I see your stalker move and raise you one.

Haha. This is hilarious. I decided to take my afternoon run this afternoon a little further south than my normal afternoon run. (Did you know there's a running trail along the Bay right behind the Rivian service center?)

Would have been extra hilarious if we had run into one another on the street corner... I saw the four flatbed trucks outside and there were 5-6 Rivian employees outside, maybe training for pickup/dropoff at the service center. I counted three trucks in the service area along with one Amazon van, I think.

Here are some additional photos for your post, that I snagged while also creeping outside. Got lucky and had caught a truck in the wild from a few different angles:

Rivian R1T R1S R1T's spotted at South San Francisco Service Center 1635298555402

Rivian R1T R1S R1T's spotted at South San Francisco Service Center 1635298609787

Rivian R1T R1S R1T's spotted at South San Francisco Service Center 1635298657778

Rivian R1T R1S R1T's spotted at South San Francisco Service Center 1635298800009

Rivian R1T R1S R1T's spotted at South San Francisco Service Center 1635298897375

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I see your stalker move and raise you one.

Haha. This is hilarious. I decided to take my afternoon run this afternoon a little further south than my normal afternoon run. (Did you know there's a running trail along the Bay right behind the Rivian service center?)

Would have been extra hilarious if we had run into one another on the street corner... I saw the four flatbed trucks outside and there were 5-6 Rivian employees outside, maybe training for pickup/dropoff at the service center. I counted three trucks in the service area along with one Amazon van, I think.

Here are some additional photos for your post, that I snagged while also creeping outside. Got lucky and had caught a truck in the wild from a few different angles:

1635298555402.png

1635298609787.png

1635298657778.png

1635298800009.png

1635298897375.png
I think yr van is a service van.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I think yr van is a service van.
Could be. Their next door neighbor is Amazon so seemed to make sense it could be an Amazon van. Amazon actually occupies about 10-15 buildings down there.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Could be. Their next door neighbor is Amazon so seemed to make sense it could be an Amazon van. Amazon actually occupies about 10-15 buildings down there.
It looks like a high roof transit to me.

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
It looks like a high roof transit to me.
It does bring up an interesting question. If Rivian is making urban electric delivery vans for Amazon, why not use those as it's service vans?

Maybe the specs don't work but seems silly to build electric vans to displace (probably Ford) ICE delivery vans while then leasing/purchasing (probably Ford) ICE service vans to build out your service fleet...

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It does bring up an interesting question. If Rivian is making urban electric delivery vans for Amazon, why not use those as it's service vans?

Maybe the specs don't work but seems silly to build electric vans to displace (probably Ford) ICE delivery vans while then leasing/purchasing (probably Ford) ICE service vans to build out your service fleet...
Presumably they’ll have a mix at first, given obligations to fill Amazon’s van contract.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
In the updated VIN decoder (Table 1 on the right below), Rivian added their Vans to the decoder. In Position 8, there are two new Trim levels: "Service" and "Amazon". The latter is self explanatory, but I think the former shows that Rivian Service vehicles may eventually be their own vans!

Rivian R1T R1S R1T's spotted at South San Francisco Service Center 1635314008746

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T