I know there are a few of you out there, myself included, contemplating which one to order - R1T or R1S. One of the things I’m mulling over is the cargo area of each. So what do we know or can infer at this point about each cargo area?
- Bed dimensions: Width: 54.5”, Length (gate up / down): 55” / 82.7”
- No height restrictions (within reason)
- Can be covered (standard? Tonneau?)
- Two optional caps (assuming the swappable bed configurations will be available at launch)
- Load/unload - Liftgate which can articulate 180 degrees.
- Quick release rails can go across bed rails, within the bed itself, and across cabin roof
- Locking cable near rear of bed
- Interior dimensions: Not known but overall cargo length clearly longer than R1T when 2nd/3rd row seats folded down
- Covered and secure since part of the cabin
- Height restricted
- Load/unload - I believe it’s a combo liftgate and hatch (not sure if liftgate has the same articulation as on R1T)
- Additional cargo room across roof with quick release rails (suspect weight a factor with glass roof but not known yet)
- R1S to transport bicycles on roof … or in the cabin to keep dry, more secure, no height worries … or …
- R1T bed to transport off-road dirt bikes. R1T would be the only option.
- Mostly camping gear so either EAV will work … or … prefer R1T to put tent across truck bed side rails
- Your cargo is mostly people so preference is with the R1S and 3rd row seating