Sponsored

R1T vs Mach-e Delivery Race: Rivian for the win!

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

Had been wanting an EV for a long time but Tesla just wasn't doing it for me. When the the order books for the 2022 Mach-e opened in Oct of 2021 I placed an order expecting to take delivery of the car in about 4 months. A few days after I ordered the Mach-e Rivian had their big press event in Colorado. I watched a couple videos and thought, well, that's interesting. I put my $1000 down in the early Oct. 2021 expecting the very earliest I would get the truck would in 2 or even 3 years, if I even kept the order at all considering it was a start-up and unproven and all that.

The Mach-e delivery estimate kept getting pushed out and pushed out. Rivian started to deliver significant numbers and the reviews were stellar. I originally had my order for a Explorer/MaxPack/Manual Tonnaue. Kept watching the reviews and the postings on this forum and started to fall in love. Got to late June of 2022 and still no Mach-e. I live about 7 miles from the Rivian service center in Minneapolis and saw the speculation that living near a service center got you priority in delivery. Hmm, I say to myself. Had a first mile drive at my house which reaffirmed my admiration of the vehicle. Changed my config to Adventure/Standard Battery/Auto Tonnaue. I know this will drive many people nuts but 5 days later I got my 8 step invite. Took delivery July 19th. Against all expectations Rivian beat Ford to delivery! Canceled the Mach-e order........

600 miles later the love affair continues.

Did a round trip from our home in Minneapolis, MN to our cabin in Hayward, WI. It is a 150 mile one way trip of half freeway, half state highway. Got an efficiency of 2.65 miles/kwh on the way up and 2.95 miles/kwh on the way back! If the usable battery is 125 kWh that works out to a range of 368 miles! It is ever so slightly downhill on the way back and had a 10 mph tailwind, but still!

I must go spend time with my Blue Mistress now.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T vs Mach-e Delivery Race:  Rivian for the win! Rivian002sm
Sponsored

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Iā€™m glad things worked out well for you. Enjoy your beautiful blue R1T in good health!

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Happy to hear you got your truck!

We ordered a Lightning in May, two days after orders opened for it. We ordered the Rivian in October like you did and received it in June!

Rivian gets a lot of bad rep for their communications, and rightly so. However, since we ordered the Lightning we have heard nothing from the dealer. Ford only sent a mass email that we will probably not be getting a truck until 2023 maybe and that we might be able to order in late summer.

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
Had been wanting an EV for a long time but Tesla just wasn't doing it for me. When the the order books for the 2022 Mach-e opened in Oct of 2021 I placed an order expecting to take delivery of the car in about 4 months. A few days after I ordered the Mach-e Rivian had their big press event in Colorado. I watched a couple videos and thought, well, that's interesting. I put my $1000 down in the early Oct. 2021 expecting the very earliest I would get the truck would in 2 or even 3 years, if I even kept the order at all considering it was a start-up and unproven and all that.

The Mach-e delivery estimate kept getting pushed out and pushed out. Rivian started to deliver significant numbers and the reviews were stellar. I originally had my order for a Explorer/MaxPack/Manual Tonnaue. Kept watching the reviews and the postings on this forum and started to fall in love. Got to late June of 2022 and still no Mach-e. I live about 7 miles from the Rivian service center in Minneapolis and saw the speculation that living near a service center got you priority in delivery. Hmm, I say to myself. Had a first mile drive at my house which reaffirmed my admiration of the vehicle. Changed my config to Adventure/Standard Battery/Auto Tonnaue. I know this will drive many people nuts but 5 days later I got my 8 step invite. Took delivery July 19th. Against all expectations Rivian beat Ford to delivery! Canceled the Mach-e order........

600 miles later the love affair continues.

Did a round trip from our home in Minneapolis, MN to our cabin in Hayward, WI. It is a 150 mile one way trip of half freeway, half state highway. Got an efficiency of 2.65 miles/kwh on the way up and 2.95 miles/kwh on the way back! If the usable battery is 125 kWh that works out to a range of 368 miles! It is ever so slightly downhill on the way back and had a 10 mph tailwind, but still!

I must go spend time with my Blue Mistress now.
Rivian002sm.jpg
I'm in Minneapolis too with a Blue one! We'll have to be careful we don't get in the wrong truck!šŸ˜€ I have the AT tires so we should be ok. Enjoy!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Rivian gets a lot of bad rep for their communications, and rightly so. However, since we ordered the Lightning we have heard nothing from the dealer. Ford only sent a mass email that we will probably not be getting a truck until 2023 maybe and that we might be able to order in late summer.
I havenā€™t heard a peep from GM about my Cadillac Lyriq Debut edition either about delivery timing. GM was predicting spring 2022, and now the YouTube reviews say late summer/early fall, but GM hasnā€™t said it sent anything to me. Iā€™ve had several delivery window emails (nothing concrete) from Rivian.
Sponsored