RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Highest suspension setting.

PXL_20220715_134731934.jpg

Rivian: Hello friend.
Hummer: I not friend, I hummer. I big and dumb. You small.

Honestly the hummer looks so unsophisticated and 1990s.

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
That truck is a silly monstrosity. Sorry, but there's just no attempt to be efficient.

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Rivian: Hello friend.
Hummer: I not friend, I hummer. I big and dumb. You small.

Honestly the hummer looks so unsophisticated and 1990s.
I think the Hummer looks unique and awesome. But to each their own. Love that the roof comes off. It is a bummer how inefficient it is. Though I also wish the Rivian was more efficient.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I wouldn't buy one for practical purposes, but I liked the Hummer EV (and the removable top). Definitely bigger than I imagined.

It was cool to see three EV trucks in the same parking lot (just by chance). These Halo trucks are what grabs people's attention and change their minds/views so they become more accepting and seek out EVs like the Lighting.

NeuronBasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, VW Taos
Clubs

I currently have both the Hummer EV and the R1T and I'm agonizing over which one to keep. They're both awesome in entirely different ways. I'll admit that I didn't expect to like the Hummer as much as I do, but if they had the same resale price I would probably choose the Hummer over the Rivian. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks until I have a title in hand and have the option to sell one or the other.

In terms of size, the Hummer is almost exactly the same height and length as the Rivian. The real difference is in the width which is fully 8" wider. That combined with the much wider tires makes for a very different presence from one to the other.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I currently have both the Hummer EV and the R1T and I'm agonizing over which one to keep. They're both awesome in entirely different ways. I'll admit that I didn't expect to like the Hummer as much as I do, but if they had the same resale price I would probably choose the Hummer over the Rivian. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks until I have a title in hand and have the option to sell one or the other.

In terms of size, the Hummer is almost exactly the same height and length as the Rivian. The real difference is in the width which is fully 8" wider. That combined with the much wider tires makes for a very different presence from one to the other.
Did your Hummer get the Extract Mode update yet? It's supposedly available but I haven't heard of anyone actually getting it yet.

NeuronBasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, VW Taos
Clubs

Did your Hummer get the Extract Mode update yet? It's supposedly available but I haven't heard of anyone actually getting it yet.
Nope, not yet. Still haven’t been able to get a straight answer about whether my truck has the updated ride height sensors installed, but I haven’t tried all that hard to find out yet.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Had to laugh. See the Rivian is raised to its maximum suspension height in the second set of photos. Looks like the short guy standing on his tippy-toes to not look short compared to his taller girlfriend!! :CWL:

That Hummer is a beast. I actually really like it. But, just too big for my every day driving needs. If it was a second vehicle, absolutely would have considered it more seriously. But, chose the Rivian for its better practicality in daily driving as I do use it daily for work.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I like the Hummer, in person its awesome looking and a great large size. The range people are seeing is >350 even approaching 400 in many cases for mixed driving. Yes, inefficient, but for its size/capabilities not that horrid.

Like it enough that I'm taking my Hummer Edition SUT order now, and changed my R1T order to an R1S for now... which at this rate, may get my Hummer R1S 3X order in before it still.

GM did a great job on the Hummer, incredibly functional inside (although maybe not as premium) but still nice. Ordered the console safe, love that its a convertible at times, and the eTrunk is still big isn't the tub style of the Rivian. The rear-wheel steering is awesome, can turn loops within a Rivian's turn radius.

GM has solid tech that works as well; the Google Auto OS, with Google Maps, App store for some add-on apps, Supercruise+ works very well, Carplay/Android Auto, those crazy cameras, etc. It's more ofd a super-truck for sure, and the Rivian a nice EV truck.
Sponsored