1) I think those are the lower control arms. Since the Hummer has rear steering, that stuff probably necessarily sits lower than the control arms in the Rivian.Couple unrelated thoughts here;
1) What are those white "pillows" underneath the Hummer's rear suspension?
2) I'm a bit shocked by this comparison. I really thought the Hummer would be bigger. When details first started coming out, people were losing their shit over the weight of the Hummer. And fairly, because it's ridiculous. But looking at them side by side, I'm shocked that the Rivian is *only* 60% of the weight of the Hummer. And the Rivian is heavy enough as it is.
3) The more I see about the Hummer, the more I'm actually finding I kind of like it. I'm specifically intrigued by the SUV variant. It'll be a legitimately nice vehicle.
2) I'm pretty sure the Rivian uses a lot more aluminum, but I don't remember seeing an actual content percentage for either vehicle. GM's pack is ~200kWh whereas we've only seen figures for the ~135kWh pack in the R1T. The Bolt EV's 65kWh pack is pretty close to 1000 lbs. The Hummer's pack is probably close to the entire weight of the Bolt EV.
3) My worry is that it'll just be a lot bigger of a vehicle than I really want as a daily driver. The wheel arches might make it difficult to know how much space you have when you are driving since you can't see the passenger ones from the driver's seat.