Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I wonder how badly a configuration change to an R1T reservation will impact the current delivery projections.

For instance, I keep going back and forth on color and the power tonneau cover. I’m happy to lock in my color (Rivian Blue) but every time a see a video of someone having tonneau cover problems, I think I want to take it off.

I’m locked in on the rest of my truck’s configuration. All my other choices are requirements based.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
@ORFynder - did you get an updated delivery window email?
I did, the email i got yesterday stated a updated Nov-Dec 2022 window, but have a Vin and did confirm the vehicle is in the Normal lot "Factory Gated"

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I have separate R1T Adv Large + MaxPack preorders and did NOT receive an automated delivery window email in December nor recently. In December, CS claimed having multiple orders probably confused their system and they manually sent me an email with my multiple windows.

Is there anyone with multiple R1T orders that either got updated window email(s) OR could +1 that they didn’t receive an update?

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I wonder how badly a configuration change to an R1T reservation will impact the current delivery projections.

For instance, I keep going back and forth on color and the power tonneau cover. I’m happy to lock in my color (Rivian Blue) but every time a see a video of someone having tonneau cover problems, I think I want to take it off.

I’m locked in on the rest of my truck’s configuration. All my other choices are requirements based.
Punt it.. lock in the manual tonneau config, best of both worlds IMO.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Have you guys with guides that have pushed windows contacted your guides about the new window? Being the weekend I wouldn't expect a response yet but curious what they would say. These windows are very coarse and guides are going to know more about your order and have more impact on it than some guy doing pivot tables in a spreadsheet making these estimates. I mean maybe the spreadsheet guy knows that your combo isn't going to be built for a while due to batching/parts but is Rivian really not going to build 20" wheels for multiple months?

gombater

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T FE/FG
Occupation
Engineering Manager

I have a similar question on delivery location - I 'may' be moving soon to North Carolina... do I keep my old address [25 min from factory] or change it and hope no or improved impact [Virginia SC delivery]. Happy to fly in and drive back from factory if that keeps or improves delivery date, but input so far seems very random...

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

@Craigins are we going to get a new spreadsheet?

I have a hunch that they changed the weighting of location but it's hard to confirm without data. It would be interesting to plot updated deliveries for similar configs against distance from nearest SC and region.
Honestly I'm too disappointed to care at this point.

Johny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Corvette Z06, 19 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Electrician
May - June to August - September. My guide told me back in May I had a truck allocated and that it would be shipping any day so be interesting what he says now. Hes been telling me its been held back for batch testing and inspection.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Lost in all the fuss about the email finally going out at the 11th hour is a complete lack of update regarding the supposed "configuration lock" feature and persistent delivery estimate on the account page.

Maybe that's by design in the hopes that by throwing us a bone we will forget those things were promised.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
No email from Rivian so I chatted with CS this morning. CS said I will have a new window email sometime before the "end of summer". Just heartbreaking at this point as my deposit is from Dec. 12th, 2018. At this point, I'm seriously considering switching back to max pack as she said my window may have moved into 2023. My suspicion is due to my location in NC and the distance to a service center is ~5 hrs?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We have not received any update from Rivian in the last six months. We were told then that we would not get our truck until the first half of 2023. We were somewhat disappointed as we were very early adopters (11/28/18). The way things are going, our R1T may well be a 2029 model.

Brian

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired
Honestly I'm too disappointed to care at this point.
New oct to nov 2022 delivery date....I for one am happy to have moved up!
Sponsored