Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I had to do this 3-4x already and it only works for a day or so. The calibration is actually in the manual as well...pg 145

Capture.JPG
It's in the software manual as well.
Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I tried this on mine, but it failed. Now I get a message everytime I start the truck asking if I want to calibrate. The "bonus" is the button outside does nothing now, so no one will hit it trying to see how it works and get it stuck (mine is currently closed and won't open).

Johny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Corvette Z06, 19 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Electrician
Silicone spray will attract dirt. Rivian uses dry graphite.
It is a dry silicon lubrication spray. Its designed for this form of application. Its was stopping short and struggling upon delivery and after I sprayed the rails its worked flawlessly so far.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It is a dry silicon lubrication spray. Its designed for this form of application. Its was stopping short and struggling upon delivery and after I sprayed the rails its worked flawlessly so far.
O ho, I thought it was just regular old spray silicone. Neat!

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I did this on mine, but now my tonneau closes all the way then reverses and opens about a quarter inch. The truck then thinks the tonneau is open so when I push the button inside the cab it tries to close it again then it just bounces back open. Seems to still need some work.
Mine did this at delivery. The mobile tech came ou, connected his laptop & was able to square it away.

Sponsored

Boges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can and Truck
Fixed mine not closing all the way…for now.
Appreciate your the tip.

I feel like if the truck isn’t perfectly clean, the tonneau slates are eventually going to seize up.

walkingcrow

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X 100D, Tesla M3P
Occupation
IT Manager
This worked for me, 3 short presses and hold the 4th until it starts to move. now it opens fully for the 1st time ever.

Bernefj60

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T, ‘21 GMC Yukon Denali, 78 FJ40
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate Broker
I had an issue where the tonneau would close almost all the way, but leave a ⅜“ gap; just enough to let In rain. Service tech came out for a few things and he calibrated it (as per the above) but also recommended lubing the tracks after every wash. I use WD40 white lithium grease, which works well.

On a related note, has anyone noticed that the seal at the end of the tonneau is about ½” too short? I have a gap on either side, and i just noticed it after my last wash. Has anyone else had their seal shrink?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I had an issue where the tonneau would close almost all the way, but leave a ⅜“ gap; just enough to let In rain. Service tech came out for a few things and he calibrated it (as per the above) but also recommended lubing the tracks after every wash. I use WD40 white lithium grease, which works well.

On a related note, has anyone noticed that the seal at the end of the tonneau is about ½” too short? I have a gap on either side, and i just noticed it after my last wash. Has anyone else had their seal shrink?
It's intentionally like that to reduce the likelihood of it getting sucked up into the tracks.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

It's intentionally like that to reduce the likelihood of it getting sucked up into the tracks.
IMO that is Rivian speak for they all are like that and we don't want to fix it. The gasket easily slides to one side or the other so if it was going to get sucked up in the track it would have happened to someone already.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

IMO that is Rivian speak for they all are like that and we don't want to fix it. The gasket easily slides to one side or the other so if it was going to get sucked up in the track it would have happened to someone already.
Mine is not that loose. It doesn't really make much of a difference because the side corners have a giant space in them anyway.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
My tonneau finally failed over the weekend. I put in a service request. They said it will likely be awhile before my appt because they don't have the new parts yet. I'm going to see if I can do the reset and use the dry lubricant spray and maybe fix it temporarily myself. Might just see if I can get it to open all the way and leave it open until my appt.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
After the last update I was able to get my cover functioning (for the first time since delivery day).

Mine was getting caught on the trim above the cover (below the back window). I used the recalibrate function before and it still got stuck. I even got it to cycle fully one time by pulling rearward on the cover as it retracted for the recalibration. The problem was as soon as I tried to use it, it would get stuck on the first seam that came to the trim piece and would return to fully closed. It also had the "bounce back" that a lot of people reported. I ended up recalibrating and letting it fail the recalibration so that it would close tightly again and disable the button so no one would try to push it and have it bind up and possibly break in the open position.

I saw someone post that the newest update (2022.27.2) slowed the cover a little and it seemed to catch less on the trim that was my problem. I did the same thing again (pull rearward on the cover as it retracts during recalibration). It completed recal and much to my surprise it now cycles completely without stopping. It doesn't sound great and still makes some popping noises so I am not going to use it much until my service appointment (I assume for replacement) in the middle of September. The cover might move a little slower, but most notably, it slows down for the last couple inches of opening and closing and doesn't quite slam as hard into the stops as it used to. It also doesn't bounce back and leave the gap that it did on the 2022.23 software.

Just wanted to give an update in case anyone else was in the same boat, its nice to be able to have the open bed when needed. Didn't realize how much I was adapting my life to not having that option.
Sponsored