Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hadn't seen this posted, service asked me to do a tonneau cover calibration yesterday. Apparently it was added to one of the recent updates.

Press the external tonneau button 3 times quickly and then hold for 5-7 seconds. Next open fully and close fully the tonneau cover. When successful I got a notification inside that tonneau calibration was completed successfully.

Didn't' fix my issue but maybe it will help other people, it definitely did something though so in a pinch it's good to know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Hadn't seen this posted, service asked me to do a tonneau cover calibration yesterday. Apparently it was added to one of the recent updates.

Press the external tonneau button 3 times quickly and then hold for 5-7 seconds. Next open fully and close fully the tonneau cover. When successful I got a notification inside that tonneau calibration was completed successfully.

Didn't' fix my issue but maybe it will help other people, it definitely did something though so in a pinch it's good to know.
Neat trick. Ours was about a half inch shy closing and this got it back into the proper position.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Neat trick. Ours was about a half inch shy closing and this got it back into the proper position.
Yeah that was the same as mine and it did help with that but then it doesn't fully open, leaving 2-3in of cover sticking out when fully 'open'.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
This assumes you're brave enough to open/close the tonneau currently. :rolleyes:

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I will try this. Mine makes a nice cracking sound when it closes.

Sponsored

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
I did this on mine, but now my tonneau closes all the way then reverses and opens about a quarter inch. The truck then thinks the tonneau is open so when I push the button inside the cab it tries to close it again then it just bounces back open. Seems to still need some work.

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
Yup. My 'service' person tried to have me do this on my truck yesterday... she didn't really seem to know exactly what the procedure is...

Didn't fix my issue (cover does not open/retract all the way, short by about 6") and created a new issue, as mentioned above, it now closes and then retracts a bit, leaving a gap.

I knew of the issue at delivery, not a deal breaker for me, and the service center said replacement is what is required, but I let the phone support person try the calibration procedure anyway.... As I said, no joy.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
This fixed my issue of my tonneau retracting about 6" after attempting to close, and it wouldn't open fully. It took me several attempts to get it right.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I did this calibration when mine would also "back" out after closing. It didn't solve the problem, but then one day it just started closing correctly again.

But still doesn't open all the way (leaves about 2" out).

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
When my tonneau cover doesn’t close all the way I hold the button down while it’s closing, so press and hold, and then release when it’s closed and sealed to my satisfaction.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I stopped at a Wal-mart to charge and picked up some RV Slide out lube and it worked wonders on my tonneau cover.
I've been liberally using a silicon spray as well --a full spray of the tracks about once a week. It helped resolve the 2" stick-out when fully opening. Other than the cost, I can't think of any downside to using this stuff frequently.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Same issue with mine, going to do this shortly to see if its reset!

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

I had to do this 3-4x already and it only works for a day or so. The calibration is actually in the manual as well...pg 145

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Tonneau Cover Calibration (How-To Steps) Capture.JPG
Sponsored