Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

You may already have seen this but just in case.

Also in the video is Tesla home/destination charger to CCS adapter by TeslaTap Mini. It comes in 40, 60 and 80 amp models. Nice little adapter without the long gooseneck.

Sponsored

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

Thanks for filming this trip. Sorry you had to put up with poor charging infrastructure. We Tesla drivers are spoiled because Superchargers just work.
Then brakes that began failing on your R1T. I wouldn't have been as good natured as you. Hopefully Rivian will fix and identify potential problems to look out for. Early adopters: Thank you!

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Also in the video is Tesla home/destination charger to CCS adapter by TeslaTap Mini. It comes in 40, 60 and 80 amp models. Nice little adapter without the long gooseneck.
For clarity, that's a Tesla destination/home plug to J1772. CCS implies DCFC capability, which doesn't currently exist Tesla SC to CCS.

OP
OP

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Thanks for filming this trip. Sorry you had to put up with poor charging infrastructure. We Tesla drivers are spoiled because Superchargers just work.
Then brakes that began failing on your R1T. I wouldn't have been as good natured as you. Hopefully Rivian will fix and identify potential problems to look out for. Early adopters: Thank you!
Thanks for the kind words but I just found the video and I'm not the one in it...

dzmconstr

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S 75D
At 10:50 you see the "teslas" to that fact, in the Q3 2021 filing by EA to CARB, EA stated:

2.2.3.1. Chargers and Equipment Ordered and Delivered
Chargers are scheduled to be delivered to station sites upon commencement of construction. During Q3,
82 DC fast chargers were delivered to new station sites in California.
Electrify America has also ordered battery energy storage systems (BESS) to mitigate high demand charges, reduce on-peak energy charges, and ease grid loads.

During Q3, Electrify America identified destinations of battery systems based on site-specific limitations, ongoing changes in utility rates, and utility grid needs in California. By the end of the quarter, 105 of the 108 applications to electric utilities for permission to connect battery systems had been approved, and 58 battery systems were operational
– a 38% increase during the quarter.

Sponsored

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

Thanks for the kind words but I just found the video and I'm not the one in it...
Where did the video come from?
It's still too bad the person who took the video experienced those charging infrastructure problems. The inverters for the spare battery in the bed of the truck might have been predicted as troublesome, but the brake issue at the end shouldn't have happened.

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
Looks like the brake problem was just a loose fitting that was leaking fluid. Service had it one night, tightened the fitting, and filled/bled the lines and returned it to him:

Sponsored