Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I want to add an update of praise here to the the Rivian support team. They hands down provide the best support of any company I’ve ever dealt with. I decided to call support just to front run my insurance conversation and make sure I knew what Rivian suggests for collision repair and what to do if the vehicle is totaled. I spoke to Dominique and Tisha (I really hope I’m spelling her name right!) about the situations and they were so helpful getting me info on certified collision centers and what to do if it’s totaled. I really want to praise Tisha because she was not only so compassionate to my situation but genuinely gave me a pep talk about how rivian will have my back and get me in a new vehicle if needed. It was one of the most positive conversations I’ve ever had in a difficult time. Tisha and the rest of the team really do care about their customers. I really hope the rivian team reads these forum posts because they need to know how good your team is. They’ve made my day.

I’ll give an update on the actual damage costs once I have a number 🤞
This is awesome.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alex D

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
Unless you have frame damage, it may not be totalled. I hope it is though. All parts I saw are easily replaceable. Airbags did not deploy and that makes easier to fix.
I’ve had that thought too. What I think is actually going to be expensive is the side impact. The side is all one piece so depending on how much damage it did under the plastic, that’s going to be the hard one. Here’s a photo of the side piece panel that has me concerned. I don’t know how you’d replace it without a whole lot of work.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T t-boned. Let’s see what it costs to repair hitting a light pole Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 1.47.34 PM
Rivian R1T R1S R1T t-boned. Let’s see what it costs to repair hitting a light pole IMG_3114

OP
OP
Alex D

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
Sorry this happened. And its probably totaled...because you hit the pole ten times (i'll see myself out :)
Actually it was 200 times! 😬 the video kept looping for another 30 seconds past where I recorded 😂

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
I’ve had that thought too. What I think is actually going to be expensive is the side impact. The side is all one piece so depending on how much damage it did under the plastic, that’s going to be the hard one. Here’s a photo of the side piece panel that has me concerned. I don’t know how you’d replace it without a whole lot of work.

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 1.47.34 PM.jpeg
IMG_3114.jpeg
I agree, the damage on the side can do it. I never noticed before, but all cars have the same problem. Most trucks with separate bed do not.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
So watching the video, I'm a bit confused. The guy who runs into you is stopped at the crossstreet with the Jeep/trailer on his left...meaning he/she is in the right hand lane. Yet it looks, based on the travel of the vehicle that hit you like he/she was trying to make a left turn. Esentially, trying to whip around the Jeep/trailer to make a left? Is that what happened?
Def what it looked like to me, people are so impatient in traffic. I literally will go the long way just to drive around busy intersections because of people like this.

Also I hate to be vindictive but people who lie like that should recieve extra punishment. There's NO WAY she was 'inching out' or that the jeep was parked in the street. She would have been able to stop here. And the jeeps lights are on and his wheel is turned, there's even someone else waiting behind him.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T t-boned. Let’s see what it costs to repair hitting a light pole 1685309958174

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Alex,

Sorry to see this, but we all know it can happen to anyone. So glad to learn that you are OK.

A few quick questions:
1. Do you carry the Nationwide insurance package offered through Rivian?
2. Did you opt for Actual Cash Value (ACV), or Replacement Cash Value (RCV)?
3. Regardless of insurance company, did they offer both options, or just one?
4. If it is Nationwide with RCV, was it a great deal higher than what other companies offered?

Thank you for your time, and please keep us posted on your progress.

fire marble

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Subaru Outback, 2022 Rivian R1T
I believe I drove through the scene of your crash on my way to the Denver airport on Friday afternoon. I caught a fleeting glimpse of a crashed R1T and some people exchanging info.

Sorry this happened to you, Alex! But happy to read that no one was badly hurt.

OP
OP
Alex D

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
I believe I drove through the scene of your crash on my way to the Denver airport on Friday afternoon. I caught a fleeting glimpse of a crashed R1T and some people exchanging info.

Sorry this happened to you, Alex! But happy to read that no one was badly hurt.
Yep! That’s exactly where I was headed as well. I’ve learned the hard way that 56th ave should be avoided. Apparently there are crashes at the intersection I got hit in a couple times a week.

Thank you! Let’s just hope their insurance company comes through and does the right thing. I miss my truck!

OP
OP
Alex D

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
Alex,

Sorry to see this, but we all know it can happen to anyone. So glad to learn that you are OK.

A few quick questions:
1. Do you carry the Nationwide insurance package offered through Rivian?
2. Did you opt for Actual Cash Value (ACV), or Replacement Cash Value (RCV)?
3. Regardless of insurance company, did they offer both options, or just one?
4. If it is Nationwide with RCV, was it a great deal higher than what other companies offered?

Thank you for your time, and please keep us posted on your progress.
I do not have the Rivian policy. I have Statefarm, which has been really good to me however I've never had an accident where my vehicle may be totaled so I've never even thought about the ACV v RCV conversation. I need to clarify with my agent but I believe Statefarm only does ACV, from what I read online. I will clarify with my agent tomorrow. This actually has me a bit nervous because clearly I cannot buy a new truck for the same price I paid for mine a year ago with pre-order pricing. So I'm really hoping for the best here and that it all gets shaken out because if they value at ACV that would still be at-least 5-10k less than what I paid for mine. Even with blue-book values being higher than what I paid for the truck. If I have to buy a new truck and have it cost more I probably won't be buying another Rivian as I'm not willing to have to pay more for a situation I didn't create. So hopefully everything works out!

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
I do not have the Rivian policy. I have Statefarm, which has been really good to me however I've never had an accident where my vehicle may be totaled so I've never even thought about the ACV v RCV conversation. I need to clarify with my agent but I believe Statefarm only does ACV, from what I read online. I will clarify with my agent tomorrow. This actually has me a bit nervous because clearly I cannot buy a new truck for the same price I paid for mine a year ago with pre-order pricing. So I'm really hoping for the best here and that it all gets shaken out because if they value at ACV that would still be at-least 5-10k less than what I paid for mine. Even with blue-book values being higher than what I paid for the truck. If I have to buy a new truck and have it cost more I probably won't be buying another Rivian as I'm not willing to have to pay more for a situation I didn't create. So hopefully everything works out!
State Farm only does ACV. I know this because my son recently totaled his Tesla M3. It took a month to get it all resolved as they initially do virtual appointments with appraiser. After I sent more pictures they finally agreed to send someone in person. State Farm also doesn’t have premium option for OEM parts only. I am sure with Rivian being so new there aren’t places that offer refurbished parts yet like with Tesla. What pushed the Tesla over was the damage to the HV power cables and also the warped skid plate.
Hopefully your process goes smoothly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alex D

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
State Farm only does ACV. I know this because my son recently totaled his Tesla M3. It took a month to get it all resolved as they initially do virtual appointments with appraiser. After I sent more pictures they finally agreed to send someone in person. State Farm also doesn’t have premium option for OEM parts only. I am sure with Rivian being so new there aren’t places that offer refurbished parts yet like with Tesla. What pushed the Tesla over was the damage to the HV power cables and also the warped skid plate.
Hopefully your process goes smoothly.
Was your son able to get into a new one or was there an issue because of ACV?

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Alex, thank you for responding during what clearly must be a stressful time. I am hoping for the absolute best outcome for you, meaning one that makes you as whole as possible with a replacement R1T (if considered totaled) that is as close as possible to the beauty that is now damaged. It may get a bit tricky with your particular accident, but I think you already understand that fact. I do not mean to cause you concern, but State Farm's website states that they only offer ACV. Bottom line: how they handle your claim will be the deciding factor in whether or not you feel that they "did right" by you. I am hoping for the best for you. I also hope that I didn't come across as rude or uncaring by asking my questions. I have discovered, after the fact, that my auto insurance carrier (Progressive) only offers ACV as well. After a rather hair-raising trip to Livermore, CA I am seriously weighing the pros and cons of moving over to Nationwide insurance for Rivian. Update us when you can and safe travels.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Def what it looked like to me, people are so impatient in traffic. I literally will go the long way just to drive around busy intersections because of people like this.

Also I hate to be vindictive but people who lie like that should receive extra punishment. There's NO WAY she was 'inching out' or that the jeep was parked in the street. She would have been able to stop here. And the jeeps lights are on and his wheel is turned, there's even someone else waiting behind him.

1685309958174.png
As an old goat myself, I finally understand why my long-deceased father would go the "long way", often on surface roads vs the highway or freeway. My sisters and I would groan loudly, but I get it now. Even way back then, he was just trying to keep us safe in a world where driving aggressively was/is the answer instead of just being patient.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Was your son able to get into a new one or was there an issue because of ACV?
We did some switching of vehicles. But he only would have been able to because Tesla dropped prices.