Sponsored

R1T Satin Blacked-Out AT 20's with Piano Blacked Front Skid Plate for Sale...

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Satin Blacked-Out AT 20's with Piano Blacked Front Skid Plate for Sale... Capture.JPG
Saw this link recently. Not necessarily posting this for the sale, but I do like the Satin Black AT 20's here. Front Piano Blacked Skid plate...meh.

(Note, Center Caps plastic still grey. Yellow Rivian logo on Wheels now satin black.)
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Satin Blacked-Out AT 20's with Piano Blacked Front Skid Plate for Sale... Capture.JPG

https://www.formanmotorworks.com/rivian-r1t
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Ya that looks really good I wonder what they want for it? now that they have done the work to it?

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I thought I liked the contrast of the silver on the lower edge, but it looks good in gloss black to match the main beam of the bumper. Black wheels look good but I prefer the dual tone of the stock wheels, and the charcoal color.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I really like these rims in dark, dark black. Is it a generally required to provide the bare rims to a powdercoater to get this done, or do most of them unmount the rim, remove the tire, do the thing and then remount the tire and install again?

I'm debating if it's worth the $3500 for the Rivian blackout ATs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
opnwide

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Will be interesting.
I really like these rims in dark, dark black. Is it a generally required to provide the bare rims to a powdercoater to get this done, or do most of them unmount the rim, remove the tire, do the thing and then remount the tire and install again?

I'd be willing to bet that would be shop-dependent. Some may or may not have the capability to take the tires off and rebalance/remount, but I bet you could find one that does. If the powder coater is more "industrial" outfit w/o that capability, you could do the "one-wheel-at-a-time" deal where you have a tire shop unmount the spare and just start with the spare and go back 4 (or 5) times so that you can drive the Riv while they do one at a time. (Obviously, you'll be unmatched for a while). (I've done this with curbed wheels before/refinish). Just want to make sure the power color is consistent obviously. Yes, you'd save a bunch over the $3500 ones, and IMO, these done here are more bad-ass.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

Close-up photos of the dark 20"s convinced me that a complete blackout is not what I want. Rivian seems to have just added an opaque dark gloss coat to the existing bright 20"s. I really like how the dark 20"s look because of that slight difference in shade between the previously bright parts and the fully black inner parts. If a powder coat can accomplish the same (less the bright yellow Rivian tag) that's the route I might go as well.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Satin Blacked-Out AT 20's with Piano Blacked Front Skid Plate for Sale... 1650402495925

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Satin Blacked-Out AT 20's with Piano Blacked Front Skid Plate for Sale... 1650402521749

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Close-up photos of the dark 20"s convinced me that a complete blackout is not what I want. Rivian seems to have just added an opaque dark gloss coat to the existing bright 20"s. I really like how the dark 20"s look because of that slight difference in shade between the previously bright parts and the fully black inner parts. If a powder coat can accomplish the same (less the bright yellow Rivian tag) that's the route I might go as well.

1650402495925.png

1650402521749.png
yeah the look of the dark 22's is nice. i think there are various options with powder coat that can give you a similar glossy/mirror look. and save you a ton of cash to boot.
Sponsored