Sponsored

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Looks like an owner rolled his R1T šŸ˜³ At least the truck seemed like it held up well structurally. According to the owner (via a Facebook group post):

ā€œCanā€™t say much about this situation yet but just wanted to warn everyone that these trucks will roll easier than youā€™d expect them to. It was such an unexpected thing Thanksgiving afternoon that I didnā€™t even bother with my seatbelt on the parentā€™s farm, rolled (driver, roof, passenger) and the airbags kept me inside the truck thankfully, no major injuries, zero alcohol involved, zero ā€œhey yall watch thisā€. Just be careful out there folks! And Iā€™m so bummed about the whole thing, 2+ years just for this,ā€ the owner explained.

The owner reported the rollover to Rivian and the company sent two engineers to investigate why the R1T flipped. No official cause determined yet.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Rollover Flipped! rivian-flipped

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Rollover Flipped! rivian-flipped2

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Rollover Flipped! rivian-flipped4

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Rollover Flipped! rivian-flipped3

This R1T is now up for auction from a North Carolina salvage yard.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Rollover Flipped! rivian-auction
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I have to call bullshit on this guy wasn't screwing around. I'm not shy with my truck and I've come no where close to losing control with it. There is a line, and with a vehicle that has this kind of power if you cross that line it WILL bite you.

With that said this truck is the most friendly 835HP vehicle I've ever driven. Telling everyone that your truck "just flipped" is nonsense. Don't bullshit a bullshitter guy.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
doing donuts on a soft surface with a 7000+lb vehicle with a tire or two digging in is what this looks like.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
doing donuts on a soft surface with a 7000+lb vehicle with a tire or two digging in is what this looks like.
Yep, a guy I worked with did the same thing in a brand new Tacoma a few years back. He was clearly not as fast as this guy as he rolled onto one side, this guy rolled 3/4 over.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Lo
Yep, a guy I worked with did the same thing in a brand new Tacoma a few years back. He was clearly not as fast as this guy as he rolled onto one side, this guy rolled 3/4 over.
low CoG probsbly helped it not go the rest of the way, ironically šŸ¤—

Rivian will check the telemetry and its game over. Much like with a Toyotā€™s EDR.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Some important info was left out of this blurb, namely how fast was he going when he initiated the turn, also was there a slope involved?

Sponsored

Sattman69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜19 4Runner Limited, toytec lift & power brakes
Occupation
Consult/Project Manager
Looks like an owner rolled his R1T šŸ˜³ At least the truck seemed like it held up well structurally. According to the owner (via a Facebook group post):

ā€œCanā€™t say much about this situation yet but just wanted to warn everyone that these trucks will roll easier than youā€™d expect them to. It was such an unexpected thing Thanksgiving afternoon that I didnā€™t even bother with my seatbelt on the parentā€™s farm, rolled (driver, roof, passenger) and the airbags kept me inside the truck thankfully, no major injuries, zero alcohol involved, zero ā€œhey yall watch thisā€. Just be careful out there folks! And Iā€™m so bummed about the whole thing, 2+ years just for this,ā€ the owner explained.

The owner reported the rollover to Rivian and the company sent two engineers to investigate why the R1T flipped. No official cause determined yet.

rivian-flipped.jpg

rivian-flipped2.jpg

rivian-flipped4.jpg

rivian-flipped3.jpg

This R1T is now up for auction from a North Carolina salvage yard.

rivian-auction.jpg
But howā€™d the glass hold up?

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
This guyā€™s ā€œI didnā€™t do anything dumb - vehicle is defectiveā€ is just embarrassing.

Pretty clearly was doing some high speed donuts in the field and either hit a rut or had a wheel hit a soft spot.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

You can see the donut marks in the field in the first picture on the right side.

I'd love to watch the engineers dissect that vehicle log šŸ«±šŸæ "hard right, acceleration, too much torque and... There it is!"
Sponsored