Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

Got Goosebumps after just watching the first video!!!! So excited to have ordered my R1T in December 2018, so that at least I'll get mine before those who see these videos place their orders!

Seeing the different colors in the wild has me rethinking which to finalize. However, I'm sold on the Ocean Coast. The dash issue of having reflections from the interior i did not notice in any of their videos, so concerns that were mentioned previously i think are now resolved.

Not sure how heavy that spare is, but gonna have to get my hernia fixed before I get my truck or I'll have a new appendage sticking out after changing a flat!

Way to go Rivian on a fantastic truck! Adventure Onward!
Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Jerry Rig Everything review was excellent: changing the tire, interior review - he does a great job. Even more excited now.

The bed liner easter egg + the locking car easter egg (bird chirps) was a nice spot and yea love his review.

Tom from Inside EVs was also great. I am not sure if I need a 3rd review but I am waiting for the Rivian Stories folks to post theres!

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Jerry Rig Everything review was excellent: changing the tire, interior review - he does a great job. Even more excited now.
‘That one made me question my R1S choice. I really want the SUV but getting a donut for an adventure vehicle makes me a bit nervous.

Sponsored

GooniesNeverSayDie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xterra, CX-5
Does Jalopnik a a review out? It is mentioned in the title of this thread but I don't see a link and I don't see it on their site. Maybe I am just missing it?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Does Jalopnik a a review out? It is mentioned in the title of this thread but I don't see a link and I don't see it on their site. Maybe I am just missing it?

One of the journalists mentioned it but nothing yet.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
In the Pickup Truck video, at about 19:48, he said the R1S will come "next year". I hope that's wrong.
I asked CS just yesterday if they could give me anything new on timing but just was told I'd hear from a Guide by November.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Interesting that Rivian recommends only charging to 70% for daily driving. Is that the lowest recommendation from any EV? They at least make it easy to select 70%, 85% or 100% based on how you plan to drive that day.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Something I noticed watching the JRE video: the latch release for the gear tunnel door is atop the bed rails. Is there another release mechanism elsewhere? Thinking about how a camper shell will block the release on the bed rail.
You can open/close lock/unlock pretty everything from the screen UI.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
The bed liner easter egg + the locking car easter egg (bird chirps) was a nice spot and yea love his review.

Tom from Inside EVs was also great. I am not sure if I need a 3rd review but I am waiting for the Rivian Stories folks to post theres!
JRE pulled the Bluetooth speaker out of the front console. In earlier videos wasn't it being pulled out of the back?

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
The 2nd one (road show) was talking about drive modes and at 1:35 said "switch from Sport mode to a more sedate mode and you'll get the 314 miles range". We aren't sure on what mode the EPA got their results. He isn't saying whether it's all purpose or conserve though.
Ben Mullins said EPA was an average of all the drive modes. No idea if accurate, but that's what he said. I've heard many other places that it's pretty specific that EPA only runs tests in the "default" mode, which I would assume is All Purpose.

Regardless, in addition to Drive Modes, there are sub variables in each, so there are actually dozens of unique modes. I don't think range is ultimately impacted much by mode, all else equal. The biggest driver would be drive height on the suspension when going at high speed.
Sponsored