Sponsored

DocAdvocate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a Rivian
Anyone else surprised that Car and Driver didn’t get in on this? I was kind of looking forward to their review
They were invited but I don’t know if they sent someone or not.
Sponsored

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I really need to see Forest Edge in person. In the config it looks like a 1970's appliance had a drunken night with a sofa and gave birth to an off brand avocado green interior.

In the videos, it looks waaaaaaay softer sort of a green that would probably look nice in the El Cap Granite I'm going with for the exterior.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Anyone else confused as to how you are supposed to used the Gear lock cable system when the tonneau cover is closed?? I mean if I want to lock my bikes on the cross bars and stow gear under the closed tonneau cover how do I connect the Gear Guard cable??

WaterKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru XV Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
JRE pulled the Bluetooth speaker out of the front console. In earlier videos wasn't it being pulled out of the back?
I was at the First Drive event at the plant in Normal, IL yesterday. The speaker pulls out of the front console.

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Anyone else confused as to how you are supposed to used the Gear lock cable system when the tonneau cover is closed?? I mean if I want to lock my bikes on the cross bars and stow gear under the closed tonneau cover how do I connect the Gear Guard cable??
Never actually thought about that. I guess if the gear fits under the cover, no need for the lock, if it doesn’t, the cover would need to be open. If it’s in the roof I suppose you could close the cover almost all the way. Would probably be somewhat less secure and some water could get in. Good point though.

Sponsored

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I really need to see Forest Edge in person. In the config it looks like a 1970's appliance had a drunken night with a sofa and gave birth to an off brand avocado green interior.

In the videos, it looks waaaaaaay softer sort of a green that would probably look nice in the El Cap Granite I'm going with for the exterior.
Photos are better than config. It could go with any external color without being super weird.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Good information here about the charging curve from the electrek article. 145kW at 50% is pretty good.
Somewhat disappointing for me honestly. Particularly for a pack that large. I really hope they enable that 800v switch soon after deliveries.

Gonna be honest, KBB would normally be near the bottom of the list of places I'd go for a video review unless I was already on the site checking my trade in value. That said, I think the KBB video is the best of the ones I watched in that it provided entertainment and real world information that applies to day to day usage.
Yeah, I've actually found their videos to be pretty good over the last year.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
One of the journalists mentioned it but nothing yet.
I think I ended up listening to all the ones I found on YouTube. Wasn’t planning to, but it seemed each one had a different take or approach to what they were focused on…so helpful in the end.

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

One of the videos mentioned that they are "production validation vehicles," essentially they are the last ones that rolled off the line to validate their process prior to starting customer delivery vehicles.
In the InsideEVs video the button to release the tale gate didn't work. He said it was due to it being pre-production. I agree it could also be a technical definition of pre-pro

Sponsored

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Nothing about Alexa integration at all? I thought that would have been cool and unique.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Exactly. I am worried FG + FE would be too much. So I was thinking of LA Silver, Limestone or El Cap with FG. Still 2k is steep for just a different color fake leather

ean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
Did anyone else feel like the live camera feeds when driving have a noticeable amount of stutter to them? Hopefully could be fixed with a software update but that looked bad to me.

Link to what I'm referring to

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Did anyone else feel like the live camera feeds when driving have a noticeable amount of stutter to them? Hopefully could be fixed with a software update but that looked bad to me.

At least one of the reviews mentioned that and said the engineers were planning to improve with OTA.

That said... there was a lot of things that were "being worked on" by engineers, or "just because it is pre production". They were all minor, but I got the distinct feeling they have really really dialed in the suspension and drivetrain, and the things that can be fixed OTA are not going to be up to the same standard for the first year until they can patch it all.

A number of new EVs are that way at the moment. OTA updates are being used as an excuse for poor initial quality. (I say this looking at my ID.4 infotainment system....)

Hopefully all of the non-software stuff proves reliable.

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

Same concern. Did anyone who went to the first mile event notice that low frame rate issue?
Sponsored