First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
The reviewer in Pickup truck plus Suv Talk said he heard the 21 inch wheels are a "noticeably less nice " ride than the 20 inch. at 20:55
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Did I miss the Jalopnik review? They're not exactly what they once were, but I thought one was coming out.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
We hooked into the EA 350kW charging station, and almost immediately we started charging without any app or key card interactions. Yes, the Rivian will have the Plug and Charge standard, making it the third vehicle to do so after the Porsche Taycan and Mustang Mach-E. Again, super impressive that a startup can do things that established automakers can’t.

At around 50% state of charge we were gobbling down 145kW of electricity, something that was unimaginable just a few years ago. I was shown that when down around 15% state of charge, these same stations would put up about 225kW and Rivian expected to put up numbers approaching 250kW after some software updates and using its own optimized charging network. At a 240+kW station, you’ll get up to 200 miles in under 30 minutes. The pack in the trucks we were driving is 135kWh.
Good information here about the charging curve from the electrek article. 145kW at 50% is pretty good.

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
The Bloomberg writer is Hannah Elliott. She's a generally obnoxious fairly knowledgeable heroin-chic gadly in the LA car scene for whom only the retro and aged is pure and "cool" - kind of like herself.
The fact that she ended with this line made my eyes roll:
I am not a complete cynic. I hope that Scaringe and his band of true believers succeed with their plans to fix the world. But until we see more, I’ll keep my climate-saving efforts to driving old, already made cars and eating vegetable curry.
That basically confirms what you said – she's essentially saying "I'll stick to my retro gasoline cars and be a vegetarian". What!?

RivianVanlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Also, Adventure Journal:

Drive Test: Rivian R1T Sets a New Standard for Pickups, Gas or Electric

https://www.adventure-journal.com/2...s-a-new-standard-for-pickups-gas-or-electric/

The future lies not with half-measures like the Toyota, but all-in efforts like the Rivian. And I promise, if you drive it, the R1T will rock your world. Even if you don’t care about the environment (though I know you do), even if you haven’t heard that Rivian is partnering with the Nature Conservancy to put chargers at trailheads, even if you don’t know it’s installing chargers in all the state parks in Colorado and Tennessee, even if the adventure baked into Rivian’s DNA matters not, you will surely find the R1T to be the highest performance, widest-ranging, condition-adaptable vehicle yet made.

Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

Hours of watching! I just want at least drive one!!!

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

You know every one of these reviews told me things I already knew! So when was the first truck delivered? Not yet I suppose, because we haven't heard from anyone who has actually gotten his truck!
I know it "rolled" off the assembly line, but who has it and where is it now? Certainly if you watched the video of Scaringe pulling a John Boehner during the roll out, you will see several R1T's following the Rivian Blue one.
So who has actually received his/her truck?
I ordered mine on Nov 29th, 2018 and not a word from my guide yet.
Why all these test drives? Is it to deflect from the fact that none have been delivered yet? Please prove me wrong and show us your truck that you got recently.

ccmun

First Name
Silva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T, KTM 1290
Occupation
Tech Consulting
The fact that she ended with this line made my eyes roll:

That basically confirms what you said – she's essentially saying "I'll stick to my retro gasoline cars and be a vegetarian". What!?

Makes sense, I was wondering whats up with sappy sarcasm seeping from every paragraph. She came with a mission.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It sure would be nice if Rivian had all the sweet sweet B roll and detail shots available on the media section of their website, like other automakers usually do

Sponsored

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
She spent an inordinate amount of time complaining that it doesn't make sense as a work truck. Imagine doing a review of a 9 Iron and then spending half of the time complaining that it hits the ball too high and not nearly far enough.
So as a vehicle marketed as an "Adventure" EV it will appeal to its intended market but doesn't function well for its unintended market? My wife's Prius also doesn't work well as a work truck. I wish someone had told me that before I bought it as a not-a-work-truck.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
The Bloomberg writer is Hannah Elliott. She's a generally obnoxious fairly knowledgeable heroin-chic gadly in the LA car scene for whom only the retro and aged is pure and "cool" - kind of like herself. She wears silver plated razor blades around her neck as jewelry and has a wardrobe of obscure band t-shirts. Her partner is Magnus Walker who is a former fashion designer and retro car collector. He makes self-serious and very pretentious videos on various older cars for Hagerty. Yes he has cool cars, but he looks like a homeless man and he hasn't updated his look in ages. I can assure you that Hannah Elliott has never done a hard day's work in her life and so her focus on trucks as work vehicles is almost as sad as it is trollish. She did point out some problems in her writeup which were perhaps concerning. But surely that will be fixed in production.
Yeah, I don't feel the need to pile on here but she definitely wanted all of us to know that she's been in tougher terrain when she spent a week in a Rolls-Royce Cullinan... [eye roll] (I wonder if that's a work truck in her eyes?)

She also claimed to have been in Moab in the "electric and hybrid" Jeep Wranglers, which is cool except for the fact that electric Jeep Wranglers don't exist yet.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
I'll gladly admit that I stole this reference from my buddy who isn't necessarily big on EV's (yet) after sharing this page with him today and all the random Rivian facts that I've peppered him with along the way....this was his reply (in jest)...also he's a much bigger Simpson's fan than I am....I had to look it up...not ashamed...it's hilarious!!! ???

"It's got nothing on the Canyonero."

Last edited:

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It sure would be nice if Rivian had all the sweet sweet B roll and detail shots available on the media section of their website, like other automakers usually do
I assume that is what this video is. There's no sound. Somebody got lazy and just took the 10 minutes of B-Roll Rivian gave them and posted it on YouTube.

Sponsored