R1T Reservation to VIN in 5 days!!

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan
What a ride this has been ... I have been pondering an R1T for 18 months. Last Thursday night 5/11 I committed and made a reservation - today I got access to the R1 Shop and completed everything other than the delivery step ... I sure hope I don't sit and wait at this stage - though I do have a VIN. This happened WAY faster than I thought it would!
Sponsored

R1TCentralMa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Computer Sci Stuff
Congrats!!

I was also given access to the shop, today. The issue is, I am still deciding if I need the quad motor, which is the only option I see.

There are a lot of options, even several of the Launch Editions.

OP
OP
Rainman

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan
Congrats!!

I was also given access to the shop, today. The issue is, I am still deciding if I need the quad motor, which is the only option I see.

There are a lot of options, even several of the Launch Editions.
Yes, I couldn't believe how many are available!

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Congratulations! I was actually given shop access today as well. My second pre order was made in August 22.

Waiting on dual motor however.

Deleted member 12197

Wow. I placed my reservation on May 4th and I do not have shop access. I did get a text this morning asking me to confirm my configuration for shop access. I did respond asking if I could have shop access instead and had no response.

If I confirm the configuration for production, does that make my deposit non refundable?

I was considering buying a used one to Save a bit. I heard Rivian gives low trade-ins. A dealer is selling a 2023 used with 4K miles for $2k off ($85,675) plus with a strong trade-in price on my Mercedes. I do feel $2k off isnā€™t enough for used when new has short wait and auction prices are in the high 70s even for 2023 models.

Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Wow. I placed my reservation on May 4th and I do not have shop access. I did get a text this morning asking me to confirm my configuration for shop access. I did respond asking if I could have shop access instead and had no response.

If I confirm the configuration for production, does that make my deposit non refundable?

I was considering buying a used one to Save a bit. I heard Rivian gives low trade-ins. A dealer is selling a 2023 used with 4K miles for $2k off ($85,675) plus with a strong trade-in price on my Mercedes. I do feel $2k off isnā€™t enough for used when new has short wait and auction prices are in the high 70s even for 2023 models.
Deposit is refundable all the way until you accept physical delivery. So just confirming configuration doesnā€™t change your refundable status.

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

Did the same, a little nervous that the vehicle I selected was already at the local delivery center (though of course quick delivery is awesomeā€¦)

205xx vin, 2023 R1T, manufactured some time in Marchā€¦ hopefully it isnā€™t a former reject šŸ˜­

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Did the same, a little nervous that the vehicle I selected was already at the local delivery center (though of course quick delivery is awesomeā€¦)

205xx vin, 2023 R1T, manufactured some time in Marchā€¦ hopefully it isnā€™t a former reject šŸ˜­
Rivian doesnā€™t sell rejects, I believe. Truck was most likely shipped to the service center, but original assignee had a change of heart, changed configurations, or couldnā€™t make available delivery window.

Deleted member 12197

Iā€™d be happy with that TBH if they also did a fair trade matching the dealer.

I confirmed the configuration but still donā€™t have shop access. Odd given I ordered on the 4th and the OP ordered on the 11th.

I live near a Service Center. Maybe its to do with the build. I ordered Forest Green/Forest Edge with 21ā€ wheels and PPF.

Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Iā€™d be happy with that TBH if they also did a fair trade matching the dealer.

I confirmed the configuration but still donā€™t have shop access. Odd given I ordered on the 4th and the OP ordered on the 11th.

I live near a Service Center. Maybe its to do with the build. I ordered Forest Green/Forest Edge with 21ā€ wheels and PPF.
It takes a few days to get shop access once you confirm confirmation. Itā€™s not instantaneous.

OP
OP
Rainman

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan

I was pleasantly surprised with my trade in allowance from Rivian (and accepted it). they offered me the same amount as Carvana and when I factored the sales tax benefit it was a very fair offer (Ford Raptor)

OP
OP
Rainman

Rainman

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Taycan
Update - received a message from my guide today that my R1T is at the SC and going into PDI.
5/11 reservation made
5/16 - secured in R1 shop and 7 steps completed
I wonder how long this last step will take?

R1TCentralMa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Computer Sci Stuff
EDIT: You did chat with your guide. Hopefully a week, that is my hope, once it is in my area, see the below.

My R1T is scheduled to be delivered to the local SC in Chelsea, MA on June 2nd. Should all go well, I plan to be driving it a week later. I hope!!

For stats. My R1T specs are

• 231XX VIN
  • built in April 2023
  • Adventure pkg
  • LA Silver
  • Black/wood interior
  • 21" road tires
  • Quad-motor
  • Large Pack

The last two are the only options currently available through the shop.
Sponsored

Last edited: