First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Was your trip meter only covering the actual drive and not long periods of the trick sitting somewhere? Just curious how much phantom drain may be included.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RivianXpress

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Current stats.
Bay Area to vegas then to Tucson in very hot weather 87 to 117 with climate set to 65 degrees or less, vented seats on and cruise varying from 72 to 85mph (85 is the max btw).
Rivian R1T R1S R1T report- SF Bay area to Henderson, NV - 537 miles, 67 mph avg, HOT - 2.05 mi/kWh A92368DC-FF3F-4166-9BC9-E7DF01A818F0

OP
OP
RivianXpress

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Was your trip meter only covering the actual drive and not long periods of the trick sitting somewhere? Just curious how much phantom drain may be included.
Yes, it does not add charge time or sitting. Only drive time so it looks like I made amazing time!
Too many charger problems on the Bay Area to vegas leg to get an estimate but will be driving back Tuesday with less issues I hope. My model 3 did that leg in 8.5 hours so will hopefully get a good compare.

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 488, Model X, Honda Clarity, 911, Jeep
Just curious if you did the same drive with your Tesla. If so, what were the differences?I

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, it does not add charge time or sitting. Only drive time so it looks like I made amazing time!
Too many charger problems on the Bay Area to vegas leg to get an estimate but will be driving back Tuesday with less issues I hope. My model 3 did that leg in 8.5 hours so will hopefully get a good compare.
Well, it does include energy used while sitting. A fun little test is ti reset it when you get home one night, and then look at your energy usage the next day after moving about 4 feet. My lifetime consumption is garbage because my truck does a lot of sitting. Lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RivianXpress

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just curious if you did the same drive with your Tesla. If so, what were the differences?I
I’ve done the vegas to Bay Area drive in my model 3. I’ll be doing it in the Rivian this week and hope to compare.

Careychastain

First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MBZ GLE450
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The Barstow EA chargers are at Walmart. I was at one (#7) of the two out front by doors. There are others further back in the lot but guy charging next to me said yhey were all slow.
I tried 5 different ones in Baker but the 350 was being used. There are other 350’s but they are not activated yet.
#1, 3 and 5 gave me problems but #7 gave me 43kW before it shut off at 41% SOC.
Thank you for the update. I’ll save for future reference & add an update when I give it a try.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Seems like pretty reasonable mileage, considering the average speed. Interesting that you didn’t notice any heat from the roof. Some do, some don’t. Hmmm.
The roof is an issue when sitting and charging in full sun....when you are moving it doesn't get too bothersome, IMO.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
This is what I have so far, approx 1459 miles, 36mph avg, 2.57 miles/kWh. I'm happy with it : )

pdxgibby

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Karmann Ghia EV, Tesla M3, eGolf, R1T, Power Hawk
Occupation
Software Engineer
Efficiency numbers are fun! Thanks for sharing. I will say that for the longest time when I got my Model S in 2015 I kept trying to baby the throttle and change my driving habits so I could post the lowest efficiency on a Tesla forum. I explained this to my wife and she laughed and said, "Just drive it and enjoy!" Such a revelation and I did and never looked back.

R1T delivery in 2 days and I can't wait for the adventures to begin.
Sponsored