Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Thanks for the “real world” range figures with the standard size wheels and tires.

I picked the standard 21” wheels and tires because they come standard, get the highest battery range and can still perform light off-road duties when required.

By the time the tires wear out there should be more 21” tire choices on the market. Aftermarket Rivian specific wheels should also be available fairly soon as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Reports indicate Conserve mode can be a "rough" ride. I'm still leaning towards the 21" for the 98% of my driving. Planning on eventually purchasing a set of 20" for the 2% off-roading I'll be doing.
I think I read conserve mode now has "Low" as a susupension setting. Could be wrong but I think that's one higher than what was tested in Kyle's video. In any case I've debated the wheels long enough and I'd rather have the 20" size since the extra 30 or so miles isn't going to make or break any trip I'd do on a regular basis.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Yep but OOS Kyle was able to get closer to 290 in Conserve on the 20" ATs at 70mph.
The question is what mode @Davis was driving at. Even if he was at conserve mode, getting 300 miles at 75-80 mph is more than 10 miles better than Kyles 290 range. If Davis was at standard mode, he could probably get 340+ miles with conserve at 70 mph.
@OutofSpecKyle Also does his testing on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, which is around 5000’ elevation. Air density at 5000’ is 15% lower than at sea level, so driving at 70 mph at 5000’ is aerodynamically equivalent to 65 mph at sea level.

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
No I did not see any reason for a bump charge as my trip meter was at 244 total with 54 miles of range left!
What range are you getting with the Y?
Honestly I don’t pay attention because it is so subjective to driving and other conditions. I have the Long Range version so I should get around 318 miles with the 20” wheels.
Sponsored